An udderly ridiculous find!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Working around my cousin's farm yesterday, I was getting lots of big signals typical of an old dairy farm. The farm has been in his family 100 years, and they were very careful about dropping their coins! So far, I have a 1907 Indian head and 1913 wheat penny; everything else has been modern. We had a beautiful Sunday in PA; it was so nice I didn't fret that all I had of value was a couple memorial pennies. Late in the afternoon, as dusk was turning to dark, I got another huge signal; it turned out to be this remarkable piece. I could have asked my cousin, but he had gone in to rest a little, but I suspect this has something to do with milking. It appears to be perfectly shaped to fit around a cow's udder, with the little stem performing some function to help draw the milk out. I'll see him on Wednesday, when he'll be able to confirm (or deny) my suspicions. Meanwhile, any old time milkers here? :D

Attachments

• udder 001 (Small).jpg
    udder 001 (Small).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2,153
  • udder 002 (Small).jpg
    udder 002 (Small).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,194
  • udder 003 (Small).jpg
    udder 003 (Small).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,178
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Either that or a modest male chastity belt! :laughing7: :headbang: :hello2: Great find! :thumbsup:

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I think the added tube is used to help remove the tube after milking. it is used to break suction on the udder.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
After a little research, I've discovered that this is a teat cup. Now to get an idea of its age.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
steelheadwill said:
That's on my 'yet' list :wink:
Probably on many "yet" lists! Now I can say I've found a teat cup and a nipple shield (glass, in a privy).

mydejavooo

Oct 26, 2011
Hansen, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Whites Spectrum XLT e-series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just like the fact that it's called a "teat cup"! LOL!!

DeJa

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Might be that or something being offered to me with the typical "Get bigger" Spam-mails every day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread