Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello TNetters!

So I went out detecting yesterday at a new spot with cousin Bob, where the day prior he had found an 1819 LC and an IHP, and it was also the site of an old barn. He picked me up at about 1:00, and we were on our way.

We each had a field to ourself, so we could cover alot of land and not interfere with eachother's patterns. So we start, and the finds were few and far inbetween. But I did manage to pull out what looks like a bell top (?), a hinge from the previously mentioned barn, a piece from a pocketknife, and this tag which reads CHESLUK -----FIELD MASS. When I found this, I instantly recognized the name, it being of a local farm/family, the daughter of which is in my biology class. But I wasn't sure, because their last name is spelled slightly differently today. So today in biology I showed it to her and she confirmed that it was spelled Chesluk a long time ago. She asked if she could have it to show her grandparents and whatnot, so I said sure, as long as I could have it one more day in order to make this post :P So she agreed, and tomorrow I will bring it in in a little plastic baggy along with the little piece that broke off which had the C in CHESLUK on it. We think it was a cow tag of sorts, and it was found on their cousin's land. (With Permission).

Bob managed to pull a thimble, some buttons, and a Wheatie today.

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

-Anthony

Attachments

• DSCN1942.JPG
    DSCN1942.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,347
Upvote 0

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
good job man, that kind of stuff is what makes it the great hobby it is. wish you much
luck in future hunts. take care. wes JYD...

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful job! I nominated this for an Honorable Mention!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats more joy than finding it :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
RelicHunter97

RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haha yeah, it sure is, I'm still kinda surprised by it. Too bad it wasn't whole though...Oh well! And thanks Tpmrpc for the nomination!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RelicHunter97 said:
Haha yeah, it sure is, I'm still kinda surprised by it. Too bad it wasn't whole though...Oh well! And thanks Tpmrpc for the nomination!

I know it all crosses our minds about how it could have looked, but you can only get it in the condition it was found & hope to not do it further damage. That's why when they beat the odds it's better :thumbsup:

snakeyes

Jan 4, 2007
Northen New Mexico
Detector(s) used
don't laugh viper trident/ E.Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's things like that, that jogs old memories, maybe you'll get an interesting story and a little history, always fun talking to the old timers when ever you get a chance. Congratulations on the find.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post. Congrats on finding the family who it once belonged to. You get a "A" in that class. :laughing7:
Looking forward to seeing what else you find.
-MM-

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's just cool!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it does jog a few memories, then what I see as a (possible) reward, is a BUNCH OF NEW
LAND opened up for your detecting pleasure. One good turn deserves another. Hope it
is something that one of the family remembers.
Good job.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those folks will appreciate getting a piece of family history ... wtg :thumbsup:

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pretty cool! awesome job! :thumbsup:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Anthony; Thanks For Returning That Piece. ---

That is worth more than gold all around. Keep it up. I'm in Boston area myself. PEACE:RONB :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread