Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I have had a great couple of years going over old gold diggings with a gpx 4500 but there only so much gold left. The pieces have getting smaller and less of. I,m not the only one , most of the other gold mders are not getting much either. As the price of gold theres plenty of others trying luck but i think their a little late.

With the wettest year on record the undergrowth is getting to thick , makes it near impossible to keep the coil down. More growth means more rodents and insects which in turn means more snakes.
Most snakes round here take off at the sound of vibrations. The most dangerous is the one you don,t see. 5 common dangerous snakes in my area and seen plently.
Summer just around the corner and the growth will dry off and one spark of my pick will cause a big fire.Steel on quartz gives many sparks. YIKES.

I tried the areas under fire control but theres just to many other do same thing.
I beleive i have a soft tissue injury of the shoulder from hitting solid humps of hard rock with the digging pick. Quite stiff and uncomfortable at times.

The money problems of the world affects us here too and work has been quite for a month and part-timers and casuals have been laid off. I,m ok for now but hope things pickup after the xmas holidays.

So i,m going to get me an E-trac and try some old homes and farms.Any way i went out on 5 trips and managed a small newspaper token and cash coin .

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_1114.jpg
    100_1114.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,333
  • 100_1115.jpg
    100_1115.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,346
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that.

I suggest a E-trac is not a good choice with an injury, it's why most users I met have changed to the Deus.

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo T

From the land of the Bluenose.....things will turn around and you are right about that. Snakes...um! The Duese or Deuse is super light but the cost is out of this world. Take care and keep us updated.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Tinpan, Sorry to hear the 3 or 4 bits of bad news.
Things here in S. Korea, soas most don't even know that there is a world-wide depression within biting distance.
Snakes we got here, but I do think that Australia has us up many times over on them Johnny No-shoulders.
Well, best of luck to a fine person who has kept me intertained on many evenings, looking at your supurb gold finds.
And, I never got any answer to my question, about you wanting to sell any of your finds.....I am still interested.
Need several pics and the prices of each item.
Also, there are positions open for foreignors here in S. Korea....if you might be interested, send me a p.m., and I will
let you know what I know.
Wishing you the best. hike in (Korean) mts

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry to hear about the gold 'drying up' (so to speak), in your part of the world mate! :-\ Hopefully with some local research you'll be able to make some decent farm finds! :thumbsup:

Here in Canada our winter's just getting started . . . this is what it looks like 100kms north of where I live this morning! :'(

Best of luck to you tinpan,
Dave

Attachments

• Barrie, Ontario 001.jpg
    Barrie, Ontario 001.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,398
  • Barrie, Ontario 002.jpg
    Barrie, Ontario 002.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,417

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
ANTIQUARIAN said:
Sorry to hear about the gold 'drying up' (so to speak), in your part of the world mate! :-\ Hopefully with some local research you'll be able to make some decent farm finds! :thumbsup:

Here in Canada our winter's just getting started . . . this is what it looks like 100kms north of where I live this morning! :'(

Best of luck to you tinpan,
Dave
Dave, Keep it up there man,still got time here before it looks like that here!!!!!!!!!!!!Herbie will be here in a while,got a GOOD spot to hunt!! God Bless HH Chris

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
the rich keep moving jobs to china, pretty soon they'll move the government there too. they make huge profits but nobody here can afford anything so eventually they lose. I doubt the gold is gone over there, it is going to take a little more to find it though. get yourself healed up good and start thinking about other places to hit and maybe doing a bit more research. you never know maybe ned kelly left you a nice present somewhere. best regards tinpan, I have loved your posts. tim.

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tinpan, maybe you can find a patch of ground to work with a small sluice box, if you have some water available.
I too have enjoyed your posts. Nuggy

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good finds!!! hope all works out for u. ( shoulder thing sucks, i feel u there ) MR TUFF

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't been here very long, either, but, in that short time I have come to know you and your posts..........always enjoyed them. Sorry to hear about the string of ills. I'm sure a person of your ilk will be on the way to success before long.

Best wishes....

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
You'll be back in the saddle soon :wink:
Nice token, for credit towards advertising :icon_scratch:
Never saw that Chinese reverse....
Contrary to popular belief, some of these are valuable.
I use my etrac with a coiltek Joey, Featherlight setup..
Wishing you a quick recovery :thumbsup:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
tinpan, best wishes on shoulder recovery and on good digs at old homes and farms! Please post whatever interesting things you find! You're always one of my fave posters here on t-net as you usually give us a bit of history, humor, or local info along with your finds.

Heat may help your stiff shoulder a lot, either an electric heating pad like I used for arthritic shoulder or else a soft hot water bottle. Also keep a bit of motion going in that shoulder so it doesn't get stiffer. I no longer need my heating pad now that I play wii bowling games with friends every week keeping my shoulder moving. Only hurts when I forget to take breaks when metal detecting, and usually I forget to take breaks! lol Andi

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wwwtimmcp said:
the rich keep moving jobs to china, pretty soon they'll move the government there too. they make huge profits but nobody here can afford anything so eventually they lose. I doubt the gold is gone over there, it is going to take a little more to find it though. get yourself healed up good and start thinking about other places to hit and maybe doing a bit more research. you never know maybe ned kelly left you a nice present somewhere. best regards tinpan, I have loved your posts. tim.
Truth ...here's the same ! ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread