ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome :hello:

Very nice Medieval piece, looks silver plate, so one you can keep :icon_thumright: (Just realised the clue was in the title) :laughing9:

I assume it has pins on the reverse to mount it?

OP
OP
O

oscarcat69

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:

Very nice Medieval piece, looks silver plate, so one you can keep :icon_thumright: (Just realised the clue was in the title) :laughing9:

UNFORTUNATELY ITS OFF TO THE BRITISH MUSEUM ITS SILVER BASED WITH GOLD GILDING I DONT THINK I'LL SEE IT AGAIN

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

UNFORTUNATELY ITS OFF TO THE BRITISH MUSEUM ITS SILVER BASED WITH GOLD GILDING I DONT THINK I'LL SEE IT AGAIN

Your be surprised, I'm betting you will :wink: :icon_thumright: (but in 18 months time)

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

Very nice Medieval piece, looks silver plate, so one you can keep :icon_throat: (Just realised the clue was in the title) :laughing9:

Why wouldn't you see it again :icon_scratch: It is a very nice cross, you don't see many with the Fleur de li's. You should get that back...Welcome :thumbsup:

SS

OP
OP
O

oscarcat69

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

Very nice Medieval piece, looks silver plate, so one you can keep :icon_throat: (Just realised the clue was in the title) :laughing9:

Why wouldn't you see it again :icon_scratch: It is a very nice cross, you don't see many with the Fleur de li's. You should get that back...Welcome :thumbsup:

SS I FOUND THIS SITE RESEARCHING THE CROSS ASA PREVIOUS POST WAS VERY SIMILAR ALMOST IDENTICAL AND IT WENT TO THE MUSEUM. THE FINDS LIASON OFFICER THINKS IT WILL GO TO A MUSEUM

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

SS I FOUND THIS SITE RESEARCHING THE CROSS ASA PREVIOUS POST WAS VERY SIMILAR ALMOST IDENTICAL AND IT WENT TO THE MUSEUM. THE FINDS LIASON OFFICER THINKS IT WILL GO TO A MUSEUM
It will be interesting to see if they put a date on it, Crosses like this are difficult to date, as styles have not changed, even to the present. If it is aquired, a nice cheque should land on the door mat :laughing9:

SS

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

Unless found in the London area, you can rule out the British Museum. I thought they would have my 'unique to date' Gold plated Silver Migration piece (6th C). They gave it back.
Now unless a local Museum is really interested, & bear in mind 1 might say they are, which holds up the process, & then change their mind.
I think you will see it again, the FLO is guessing :thumbsup:

OP
OP
O

oscarcat69

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

It will be interesting to see if they put a date on it, Crosses like this are difficult to date, as styles have not changed, even to the present. If it is aquired, a nice cheque should land on the door mat :laughing9:

SSDOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA OF VALUE OF THESE CRUCIFIXES

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

Its easy to find out but I need to see the reverse as well, it looks more like a mount that a pendant? Am I correct? Also I'm running out of time as I'm out soon, so can't flick through the books/treasure reports until later.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

It will be interesting to see if they put a date on it, Crosses like this are difficult to date, as styles have not changed, even to the present. If it is acquired, a nice cheque should land on the door mat :laughing9:

That's a good question :icon_scratch: it will all depend on a number of things, it's date, metal content, and will any Museum want it enough :dontknow: to be honest I think you will get it back, selling things can be a nightmare :-\...but they are people out there who do like religious items.

There are books that give values, but these are guides, sometimes prices can go much higher.

SS

OP
OP
O

oscarcat69

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

Very nice Medieval piece, looks silver plate, so one you can keep :icon_throat: (Just realised the clue was in the title) :laughing9:/Users/grahamtakats/Desktop/IMG_5149.jpg
IT IS A PENDANT AND HAS AN INTACT LOOP ON THE REVERSE TOP

Its easy to find out but I need to see the reverse as well, it looks more like a mount that a pendant? Am I correct? Also I'm running out of time as I'm out soon, so can't flick through the books/treasure reports until later.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

It will be interesting to see if they put a date on it, Crosses like this are difficult to date, as styles have not changed, even to the present. If it is acquired, a nice cheque should land on the door mat :laughing9:

That's a good question :icon_scratch: it will all depend on a number of things, it's date, metal content, and will any Museum want it enough :dontknow: to be honest I think you will get it back, selling things can be a nightmare :-\...but they are people out there who do like religious items.

There are books that give values, but these are guides, sometimes prices can go much higher.

SS

& if Benets much lower :D

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

SS

Couldn't tell you the last time I looked at that :dontknow: but it does have pretty pictures, so some use :laughing9:

SS

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

SS

Couldn't tell you the last time I looked at that :dontknow: but it does have pretty pictures, so some use :laughing9:

SS

True pretty, not very useful, no good dating or style notes.

I will look in previous Treasure Reports, I remember a couple. Off the top of my head I'm thinking £350-£500.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

SS

SS

I will look in previous Treasure Reports, I remember a couple. Off the top of my head I'm thinking £350-£500.
£350-£500 :o you can buy all my stuff from now on :laughing7:

OP
OP
O

oscarcat69

Tenderfoot
Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the reverse

Attachments

• reverse crucifix.jpg
    reverse crucifix.jpg
    613.9 KB · Views: 989

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
Silver Searcher said:
oscarcat69 said:
CRUSADER said:

SS

SS

£350-£500 :o you can buy all my stuff from now on :laughing7:

Saw one on timelines for £300+

Can't find a Valuation, only similar Treasure that wasn't valued at the time of publish (2007 T657)
Best bet is to Personal Message Matt & see if his has been valued yet:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,408856.0.html
My first guess was a little high because most are Solid Silver, haven't seen many Gold plated. Plus, now I see the loop, these are often broken. I still think it will value at about £300.
Keep us updated, but that's going to be in about 15 months times :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread