Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I still have two left feet... :laughing7: at least as far as killer finds is concerned. However, I certainly had the chance and had a good time getting out with some of the local (fairly local) crew, and at least it's a post! (MANY of my hunts this year weren't worth talking about) Ironhorse already wrote out what went on so easier to check his post than for me to type it again.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,433731.0.html

My more interesting finds are a cut silver pendant possibly from a 6 pence, center part of a shoe buckle and I have never dug a complete one so was a little bitter over it, couple George coppers, key date 1858 Canadian large cent (would be pretty decent but has a very poor edge), Militia button, Snuff box? (was from an early site and I'll probably crack it open with a hammer ;D) and what at first glance I thought was a British 71st Tombac Officer button (design has a large 7 with raised small 1 and silvered designed edge border) but ended up just being yet another tease for the year. This for the most part is the end for detecting for me for quite a while but there is 3 fields left to hit so maybe, just maybe, something great will be waiting. :thumbsup:

The last picture is all the stuff that got in the way. After I shot the pic I didn't realize I hadn't even emptied my last three days worth, so yes, it was lots of digging!

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,916
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,916
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,941
  • f4.jpg
    f4.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1,930
  • f5.jpg
    f5.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,938
  • f6.jpg
    f6.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,963
Upvote 0

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
You found some stuff :hello2: :laughing7:

What's the thing next to the buckle...from a gun?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
You found some stuff :hello2: :laughing7:

What's the thing next to the buckle...from a gun?

Yep, ramrod thimble. (1 part of three) The last few years I have found 6 or 7 of the smallest part so was due to dig another piece.

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well looks like a lot of holes dug and surely a good time! The pendant is pretty cool! :icon_thumright:

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
even though we did a lot of dancing it didn't do too much for building your collection, there's still a couple more songs left, you might get a few more prizes if you shake a leg :laughing9:

pendant is still a cool find!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone put a lot of time into making that little pendant.

1858 best date LC one can find.

And it's not over till the large female exercises her vocal cords.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice bunch of finds! The pendant is pretty cool. I bet You had a good day!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what combination of CSL the silver pendant is :icon_scratch: Maybe just the person's initials.

The ram rod guide is a good find I think.

Maybe, the biggie will come next year, I've had a year of plenty, but missing the spectacular,,,.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
I wonder what combination of CSL the silver pendant is :icon_scratch: Maybe just the person's initials.

Not sure, but IH found an American Marines button and large cent so it is possible it has a USA connection.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good week...I'm glad I could play host and that you made out with some targets...more than what I can say about my week...although I did score a decent shovel!!! :headbang:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Looks like a good week...I'm glad I could play host and that you made out with some targets...more than what I can say about my week...although I did score a decent shovel!!! :headbang:

What a coincidence! I lost a decent shovel. :-\

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
hey, that looks like some fun!
i've had two years running of quantity over quality,
so i know how you feel.
but decent quantity is nothing to shake a stick at-
at least a stick that doesn't have a search coil on the bottom, anyway...
there oughta be at least one more semi-gilt revolutionary war button with
your name on it before the snow flies. :icon_thumright:

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow nice finds! The beautiful cut silver looks like CCSL or a combination of those 4 letters, the outside rim looks like the 4th letter, being a C. HH

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:

Not to worry...I'll put it to good use in the FC yard! :icon_thumright:

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
That pendant is killer :headbang:

Being custom made makes it way more personal of a find :thumbsup:
And it was nicely made.

Look at those hands your not as dirty as you think :laughing9:

Blaze

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:

Not to worry...I'll put it to good use in the FC yard! :icon_thumright:

Might as well, the Fruit Cake fields aren't worth going back to!

Seriously though... The place where I got the 1775 halfpenny, you should go back and dig every high hit because I know there's coins and other non iron finds that are being affected by the iron and changing the signal just enough to make people walk away. They're low % signals but if you keep digging them every once in a while something non ferrous pops up, and the worst that can happen is you dig some iron relics. I don't tend to do that at most sites but that one is a very good time frame, and there's no modern trash. And if you try it, dig huge plugs and probe the hole for other targets besides the one you're looking for. If that place has never been hunted after the plow there's a whole pile of masked good targets.

Say hello to my little "iron" friend. :laughing7:

Attachments

• It\'s_iron.jpg
    It\'s_iron.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,399

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny guy!

I'm going to go back and talk to the MP who owns that field and try to convince him to have it plowed...

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Funny guy!

I'm going to go back and talk to the MP who owns that field and try to convince him to have it plowed...

If I were you I'd talk to him about your bottle digging and ask if it would be ok to dig 4x4 squares in search of old bottles... and dig down as deep as the hard pan/rock. You'll eventually hit the cellar hole (I'd look for it first) which will probably run a couple feet deeper. It's hard work but does give finds, and the condition can be incredible. In fact, I would GLADLY do another trip over next year just to do a cellar hole digging circuit at all the great sites everyone has given up on.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would be super thrilled with that Colonial chape and tongue. :headbang: That would be my find of the hunt. :headbang: We differ in that aspect. ;D I know a good relic when I see it or dig it. ;D You should be happy with those hunts. :D ;D

Kirk :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread