Captain Midnight Flight Patrol pin

snowyettie

Feb 19, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, and Ace 250
I know I dont post that often, but I thought I would share this find with everyone today. It is a Captain Midnight Flight Patrol pin I found in an old school yard. It says Skelly on it which I guess was a sponser of the radio show for one year before Ovaltine picked it up in 1940.

Before.
Before.jpg

After I rinsed it off with water.
After.jpg

Here is a silver cross I found as well.
Cross.jpg

Here is a Youtube clip of a silver quarter I found with Bacon, to make up for my lack of posts. (I know I say "uhhh" a lot, but that is what happens when you fix computers/program all day, brain fry)

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 982
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Cross.jpg
    Cross.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,005
Upvote 0

dasho

Jul 19, 2010
MO
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS & E-Trac & Sun Ray Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat pin... My buddy found a Skelly Captain Midnight decoder badge the other day, & a week earlier the spinner... Wonder if there was anything else in the Captain Midnight line of Skelly give-aways?

OP
OP
snowyettie

snowyettie

Feb 19, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, and Ace 250
dasho said:
Neat pin... My buddy found a Skelly Captain Midnight decoder badge the other day, & a week earlier the spinner... Wonder if there was anything else in the Captain Midnight line of Skelly give-aways?

There might be. I googled it to find out what it was, but I didn't see too much. A couple of badges, pins, 2 coins and a ring I think. I didn't look that hard though. I think they only were sponsors for a year, but I could be wrong.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread