found at park a drug pipe, heart, san diego chargers key and clad.

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
Went to Balboa park today. They were having high school cross country races there and the place was croweded. Did not get to hunt where I wanted to so I just went around the park and hit various places trying to stay out of the way of the runners. I managed to find $3.35 in usable clad and two lawn mower pennys. I also found a metal heart that has "LPSK KISSES "on it. I also found a drug pipe near a workout bench and a key that has Chargers printed on both sides of it. Little dissapointed thought I would find older coins there. After talking to a few people it seems the older part of the park is by the pavilion and musem and I dont think they will let me hunt there. Oh well I will keep trying the trails have been in use for a long time maybe I will have better luck there. All in all still a good day. HH all Ted

Attachments

• DSC00983.JPG
    DSC00983.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 533
Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice assortment of finds.
I have all the kids at home
so when I find pipes,
they get chucked into the woods.
COngrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
T

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Bdoo I just brought the pipe home to take a picture of it. It is the second one I have found this year. I destroyed the last one and will this one too. I just didn't want any kids picking it up, especially since they were running right by the area I found it. HH Ted

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Great job Ted.Ive got a feelin youll be posting some great finds soon....Congrats...Joe

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats not a "drug pipe" the PC term is smoking device

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That park has been hunted to death. be very careful about going down in the canyons by yourself. I would not. There are drug addicts who will rob you and maybe do you harm unless you have others with you. All the needles and gay sex paraphanelia is all over the place. It's really gross and disgusting. I have written the city about this, but naturally, they are stretch so thin I didn't get any response. It's really a shame that the park is used in this manner since it should be for all the people and not just the scum of the earth looking for a place to do their illicit and immoral deeds. BTW, the park rangers WILL kick you out of this park if they see you here with a detector. Best to avoid them at all costs. There have been some nice coins found in this park, but it has been hunted hard for many many years and it is really hard to now even find a wheatie. A better part is actually on the opposite mesa closer to the golf course. There is a little part of the park over there that is very old. ;)

OP
OP
T

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Thanks coinshooter for the heads up about the park. Didn't think of any danger in the trails but now that you mention it. I can see why it would be dangerous. I think I will stay out of the trails. I think I know of the mesa you are talking about. I will try there. Baron I will still call it a drug pipe. No one has ever accused me of being politically correct and I see no reason to start now. HH all Ted

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
diamondjim said:
I got a whole box full of dug "smoking devices."

Unless you are planning on using them, you might want to get rid of them. I don't know any part of the country where "possession of paraphernalia" is NOT a crime, in some states it's even considered a felony.

misplacedrednek

Aug 20, 2006
Temple, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with coinshooter, watch out at that place, I lived close to there for about 3 years (uncle Sam made me) lots of stuff, bad stuff has happened around that area. As for the pipe? drop ol' Willie a line and see what he says. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread