Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today after work it was 52 degrees, sun was shining, and I had about 90 minutes of light. I knew I had my SEF 6x8 coil on so I wanted to put it to the test and let me tell you it passed with flying colors!

I went to this lil park where a school was tore down in the 60's I have not found anything anywhere in this park except one small area about 50x50 feet. It is around a small swing set and slide. It is he original playground area from the school I am guessing.

I have hunted this area with my x-70, at least 10 times in conductive mode with the etrac, 3 times in TTF with the etrac, and 3 of my buddies with etracs and a SE pro have also went over this same area. I have pulled around 20 silver, tons of wheats, few buffalo's and couple war nickels from this section. My buddies have also scored wheats and silver here.

Last two trips I walked away empty handed. I thought this section was literally hunted OUT..or should I say it has been ETRAC'd out..lol :hello2:

Well today I worked this area for 90 minutes as slow as possible with my 6x8 coil and I dug 2 bent nails, a couple pull tabs and everything else was keepers, all goodies were 6+ inches deep. I walked away today with 4 wheats, silver dime, silver quarter, sterling ring, button and a costume jewelry piece. This truly has built my confidence in this little coil.

11-23-11.jpg

3silver11-23.jpg

DSC01690.jpg

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now, those are nice finds! Way to stick with it.

All the best,

Lanny

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
I absolutely love my 6x8 butterfly coil, I've had nothing but success with it. Awesome depth, very stable and super in overgrown wooded areas. Congrats on your finds I'm sure you'll be using it alot so keep an eye on the coil cover, I wore one out recently after 2 seasons. Got a new one on the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread