Broke 4 FIRSTS in one shot! I am happy happy happy!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Its Thanksgiving day and its very nice... 65 degrees and sunny... We had family over and had a wonderful meal... My father-in-law brought a find over with him and wanted me to take some pictures of the before and after of his find... so we did... he has himself a 1898 Barber Quarter! and I then ask ok where did you find it... so he tells me and I start freaking out... they are digging up the sidewalk and road in the town he lives in and several people have been hunting the 4 blocks that have been dug up... then he proceeds to tell me that Indians V & Shielded Nickels and a 1900 Half have been found... well you know what I was thinking... I said Thanksgiving is over lets go!

Well I got the 1 hour before sun down... enough time for me to find me some goodies... when I get there someone is already hunting... which is not surprising because we have a lot of hunters in this area. so I go up and ask how he is doing he said nothing yet but he knows there is stuff here... and I said yeah there sure is! so I go back to the truck and get my gear and start hunting... about 10 minutes later my father-in-law come walking down to where I was and tells me he is too full & tired (from thanksgiving dinner) I then told him its very trashy lots of iron (pipes) and uneven ground is making it hard to find anything about then I got a good dime signal and while I was talking with him I started kicking around the dirt god down on my knees to see what was down there and picked up a chunk of dirt and passed it over the coil yup its in there... so I break it apart 4 times then I see it... I pluck it out of the dirt and look at it and said to him out its just an Indian Head then I brush a little of the dirt off and then said no its not its a DIME! and its a SEATED!!! about that time I handed it to him and started bouncing around saying I got a seated I got a seated... this is my FIRST seated coin(FIRST #1) in over 20+ years of hunting! I was happy... The he said its an 1856 and I said woo hoo that just beat my oldest American coin by 12 years!(FIRST #2) I could of found nothing else and I would be satisfied with the one coin! But nooooo its not over for me yet...

This next find is nothing spectacular in it self but it does make my 3rd record for the night... As it was getting dark I got another good dime signal and I knew it was I was just hoping it would be seated number two... I'm sure there are more there... but it turned out to bean 1898 Barber dime so I found a seated and a barber in one hunt (FIRST #3) if you call it a record... I've never done it before.

Now before we get to the pictures I have a couple of side notes....

#1) The 1856 Seated Dime to my knowledge is the oldest coin to come out of this site yet... it maybe be the oldest American coin found in the whole county... ( I'll research that)

#2) In the below picture there was another hunter... I took the picture before I started hunting... he is in the EXACT spot I found the Seated Dime. now talk about destiny! It was my time to find a seated coin no matter what!

#3) The area I am in has its earliest roots (white man) that date back to the 1860's the town I found this in was founded in the 1880's so this 1856 Seated dime must of been floating around in circulation for many years before it was lost... I am always amazed how the things I find get where they were found. (IE my 2000 year old Roman coin found in the middle of Texas!) http://tinyurl.com/77q62hv

I love this hobby!

Chukers

Attachments

• Street.JPG
    Street.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 2,118
  • Barbver ground.JPG
    Barbver ground.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,324
  • Seated Ground.JPG
    Seated Ground.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 2,410
  • Before.JPG
    Before.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 2,526
  • After.JPG
    After.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 2,664
Upvote 0

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Broke 3 records in one shot! I am happy happy happy!

Good job.......Im jealous!.....Hopefuly you can go tomorrow at 1st light!

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OH OH! I thought of another FIRST (I love stats)

(FIRST #4) first time I have found more than one pre-1900 coin in one hunt!

LOL

Chukers

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kayden said:
Good job.......Im jealous!.....Hopefuly you can go tomorrow at 1st light!

I'll be there but so will the others LOL glad its 4 blocks long!

Chukers

dasho

Jul 19, 2010
MO
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS & E-Trac & Sun Ray Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds,, i see you didn't stop at the stop sign , (i may have to get cited for failing to stop) :laughing9:

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grate finds, love those tore up side walks

Jonnie

dpepple

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and picts... Good luck as you continue to work the site.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go!!! :thumbsup: Breezie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread