winter detecting

freeze12

Jul 29, 2004
Buffalo,NY
Detector(s) used
*Ground Hawk*--*Minelab Quattro*--*Tesoro Tejon*
I am in the same predicament here in buffalo,NY. Short of using a Phaser or hand grenade....Good luck!!

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
I have an idea--we could at least go out in the winter and mark all the good signals and come dig them up in the spring. You would have to mark them with something that would not be moved and you could identify, maybe a rock spraypainted a certain color.

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
The best way would be to get some one else to do it for you. It's gonna be a looong winter! Cladius.

oravikmatt

Nov 8, 2004
Dahn Tahn Pittsburgh, US of A
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-X
I'm still new to detecting in general let alone in the winter and frozen ground. But what if you took a thermos with warm water in it and poured some on the place you wanted to dig. It might melt the ground enough to dig a little easier. :-\

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
There was ice on my pond this morning, made a fast trip with my classic round an old oak tree and had a hit, stuck the trowel in the ground and made a bee line for the house. I can see the trowel still sticking in the ground from a window in the house, if it warms up tommorrow, I might go dig it up.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
When I'm detecting in the summer I use flags (like the green or red used by the utility companies) to mark each signal. If I get a signal I will flag the pinpointed area and just continue hunting. When I have hunted for a while I will go back and start digging all the flaggs. (This only works in an area you know some joker or child won't be able to mess with your flag).
For winter, you might try the same method if it's an area the flaggs won't be bothered or you can get back to dig the areas in a short period of time.
Might help??
X

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Gas powered air compresser, and an air chisel.​
?
Caution: Always remember to wear your safety classes...?? 8)

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
I'am using C4 plastic explosives!! :D ;D though it might damage the find i still need it, whatever the depth i use the amount of oz, like 3" 3oz of C4!! and so on and so fourth, LOL joke! HH CS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread