Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say it but it looks like a fake . It has to much corrosion on it to be real gold . I say this because I found one just like that last year and it turned out to be fake . I hope I'm wrong about yours .
Glen

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold will usually come out of the ground looking pretty much how it did when it was lost. Maybe the clasp is 14k, but I hate to be the bearer of bad news, that looks like something other than gold. Hope I am wrong!!!

OP
OP
rebeljim52

rebeljim52

Sep 20, 2009
Silverstreet SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000 and used XLT E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys could be right it don't look right to me ether. Thanks for the coments any way.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with those guys Jim. I read that a lot of fake stuff is marked Italy. Better luck next time.It's out there. Could have just as easily been the other way around.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope it turns out good, but gold usually comes out looking pretty much the same every time.

All the best,

Lanny

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
I also found one down here in Southern California last year too near the Newport Beach pier. Italy 14k. My find looked like white gold and most of the links actually seemed to be in nice shape but the greenish corrosion near the clasp with some copper tint underneath said it all unfortunately. Many of us know that excitment at first followed by that big letdown. Wishing you the best that we all are wrong about your recent find.

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also,... those look like Sampo deep sea fishing swivels on the ends. The corrosion shouldn't be there and if someone is making fakes to sell on the black market, they would have a problem with stamping 14K on it, too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread