Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all these a group of finds from mding, bottle hunting, old shed finds and op shop button jars .today i scored a killer button. After work i took my son to his music lesson and sit in the car. Yep bored in about 5 minutes so i went for a walk. I noticed one of the localchurches had just open an op shop so i had a gander [look] In a box of old sewing junk i spotted a button. Queen Victoria crown . Yes yes not English Coat of arms{ Southern cross with over head crown.} Colony General Forces 1880 made by Thomas Stokes. Pic 4 centre

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_1146.jpg
    100_1146.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 1,201
  • 100_1147.jpg
    100_1147.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1,219
  • 100_1148.jpg
    100_1148.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 1,230
  • 100_1149.jpg
    100_1149.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,247
  • 100_1151.jpg
    100_1151.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 1,260
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW !

alot of cool relics !

I Like :thumbsup:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beutiful display :hello2: You have some great artifacts there. Do you know what the press was for and what are the little blue and white pieces. They look like opal or something.
Congrats on the button find as well. :headbang:
ZDD

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
WOW !

alot of cool relics !

I Like :thumbsup:

Thanks jeff. Funny most of these relics are mostly just about 100 to 120 years old and mainly common finds. Worth only a few bucks each. But when put a balanced display together looks like a Real Treasure. For sure i cannot match some locations for age and rareness . Newbies a lesson to learn here.

tinpan

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zodiacdiverdave said:
Beutiful display :hello2: You have some great artifacts there. Do you know what the press was for and what are the little blue and white pieces. They look like opal or something.
ZDD

Thanks Mostly large opal shards from my resent trip to the opal fields and the press is for grinding meat to get the juice. Protein for the sick and old. Dates from the 1880s

tinpan

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tinpan said:
Zodiacdiverdave said:
ZDD

Thanks Mostly large opal shards from my resent trip to the opal fields and the press is for grinding meat to get the juice. Protein for the sick and old. Dates from the 1880s

tinpan
Thanks mate, you did a wonderful job on that display. The ink jug with the square neck is also very nice, my buddies and I have collected many, many bottles over the years and I never have seen one with a squared off neck like that.
ZDD

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, you have been busy! What a pile of cool relics and bottles! HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection of finds and a great display, looks like a museum display! HH, Mike

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Two bits opal bottom right, similar to Lambina dark base, hard to tell from pic, overall feel is from the ridge tho, possibly old noodle results. Dont look like they have been rubbed much, looks more like natural breaks, must be a shed find, if it aint, bendigo opal rush is on!

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mickk said:
Two bits opal bottom right, similar to Lambina dark base, hard to tell from pic, overall feel is from the ridge tho, possibly old noodle results. Dont look like they have been rubbed much, looks more like natural breaks, must be a shed find, if it aint, bendigo opal rush is on!

Didn,t stop at Wilcannia and you Know why mick . Only allowed to take from graded tailings from a working claim. From Lighting Hill to Lightning Ridge.

tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread