• Quartzite Outing Dec 2011 038.jpg
    Quartzite Outing Dec 2011 038.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 10,451
Upvote 0

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic find! I know you have done a lot of work and finally made good, Glad for your luck.
( and I agree of "tinman" of looking out for you and to notice accurate weight.)
It does matter, If I found that nice piece, I would be proud being the finder and gracious to hear all comments.
I am glad for everybodys luck because we all deserve it! It is great being in this wonderful hobby & Lifestyle.

RED THUNDER

Dec 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Nice find! :headbang: Were might a guy sell nuggets or raw paned gold? Any places that pay cash or you can possibly not have to claim @#%* taxes?

Motor on!
Red Thunder

SeatedorBust

Nov 5, 2011
Carthage, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/ SunRay Probe Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold prospecting is my second love..... if I Had found that nugget ? I think i'd have to rethink that..... lol. :thumbsup:

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
Red_desert said:
Steve in PA said:
Clay Slayer said:
Just curious, how much of the 2 1/2 ounces do you think is gold and how much is quartz? I guess it's impossible to know unless you melted it down. Looks too cool to do that! :icon_thumleft:

I was wondering the same thing. It may be worth more as a specimen than the gold content alone. Great find & congrats on the banner :thumbsup:

Gold specimens are going for a higher price, than what the actual value of gold content in them brings.

..maybe back when gold was $500 an ounce....not much specimen gold being bought right now.You know of anybody that is....I have em from 5 oz-24 oz,I want double spot for :thumbsup:

Yup...you got that right Kuger. I don't see many buying specimen gold these days as the price of gold has gone way to high. When it was 300-500 bucks an ounce there was some interest in paying over spot, but not any more. What people want right now is bullion, primarily silver rounds,ingots and fractional. I remember a fella out of Australia wants said, anything an ounce or less goes to the refinery.. :o. The only specimen gold that I see that has any following is crystalline and leaf gold in quartz. Have some mines over this area that have produced beautiful specimen have fetched 4,000 + per ounce !

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread