1819 Large Cent and sweet cuff button in the Colonial woods!

adventureswithjim

Mar 12, 2010
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rough day out there, I've expanding the search area, with mix luck...it's a huge woods just jammed packed with cool stuff...dense forest and high iron junk content just make it tough to work in an organized fashion. I'll get there someday.

I know I don't seem too excited in the vid over the large cent...cause almost soon as I dug it I realized it was probably US and it was going to be toasted. Barely got a date off it...currently soaking, curious if there's anything left but I don't high hopes for it.

The real treasure of the hunt is the sweet cuff button set...embossed with girl leaning on an anchor. Did the wife buy this for hubby to remind him she's waiting at home while he's at sea? Who knows, but a very cool relic.

Here's the vid:

[youtube=425,350]_xPBNqX_V9M[/youtube]

Attachments

• ctoast.jpg
    ctoast.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,678
  • cuff.jpg
    cuff.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,739
Upvote 0

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds Jim, that cuff link is great, i agree that it looks like it's representing a lady waiting on her man to come home from the navy, very cool. HH

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome colonial site ya got right there jim! that little designed piece ya thought was a key is actually a pocket watch winder.the thingy ma-jig with the swirly sunburst pattern is saddle related.some kind of strap guide.all the ones i have dug have a plain face.that's the 1st that i've seen a design on.
as usual a very entertaining video :laughing7:

U

umrgolf

Dang Jim, that set of cufflinks is one of the coolest things ive seen in a while :o

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the cufflink!

A female figure in billowing clothing leaning on an anchor - the symbol for hope and steadfastness. Sometimes seen as woman clinging to pillar or anchor. The anchor was used by Christians as a euphemism for the cross.

1209863117_50-1-603.jpg

DCMatt

Palmetto

Mar 21, 2009
UpCountry, SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Teknetics T2, Fisher Goldbug,
Whites 5900/ di Pro sl
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim,
That site is awesome-Looks like you have a 'go-to' site for a long time to come.
Love the cuff link and great ID on the symbol by DCMatt.

Palmetto

OP
OP
adventureswithjim

adventureswithjim

Mar 12, 2010
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DCMatt said:
Love the cufflink!

A female figure in billowing clothing leaning on an anchor - the symbol for hope and steadfastness. Sometimes seen as woman clinging to pillar or anchor. The anchor was used by Christians as a euphemism for the cross.

1209863117_50-1-603.jpg

DCMatt
Thanks for the info on that! The stuff here has been kinda of plain, occasionally an embossed geometric pattern, so these really stood out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread