TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All pictures and information given by me in this posting to this find have been deleted by me.

Untitled.jpg
Roman Silver Denar Coin Hoard !!!.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 3

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Dane. I'm surprised it's not on the banner... 1 vote for me!!!

DANGLANGLEY

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like someone had a hole in their pouch. Now only if you can find the rest. Awesome :headbang:

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
REALLY nice finds... hit it hard when you can. And... reference to a previous post about "locations"... Georgia, USA... if you get over here, I'd like to meet you. I'm usually home, if'n I ain't fishing, hunting, or MDing. You come to the coast of GA, lemme know, I'll PM you contact info. Poor German and redneck speech spoken here. Lot's of history, but nothing that compares to what you have at your hand. Congrats on a fantastic find.
Robin

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice 'Hoard', we have had most of those Denarius including the IVDAEA type but never a hoard :o

Keep at it & good luck getting the rest, keep us posted :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wink:

Last edited:

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm a little puzzled that it didn't make the banner as well--incredible finds!! Nice work, by the way.

All the best,

Lanny

Whitebeard

Nov 20, 2011
Higher-North-Shore Qc.
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lanny in AB said:
I'm a little puzzled that it didn't make the banner as well--incredible finds!! Nice work, by the way.

All the best,

Lanny

I agree with you Lanny, I suppose that they are frequent enough finds in Europe, their civilisation history dates back a lot more than ours, we are of recent one compared to them, I consider TH'ers privileged to be able to practice over there.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whitebeard said:
Lanny in AB said:

All the best,

Lanny

I agree with you Lanny, I suppose that they are frequent enough finds in Europe, their civilisation history dates back a lot more than ours, we are of recent one compared to them, I consider TH'ers privileged to be able to practice over there.

Not frequent in a country that was outside of the Roman Empire & also a possible hoard. Dad & I are on 20 Roman Silver this year but have never had anything like this (& were in the Empire for nearly 400 years). Those that vote banner, know the score :wink:

Whitebeard

Nov 20, 2011
Higher-North-Shore Qc.
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
Whitebeard said:
Lanny in AB said:

All the best,

Lanny

Not frequent in a country that was outside of the Roman Empire & also a possible hoard. Dad & I are on 20 Roman Silver this year but have never had anything like this. Those that vote banner, know the score :wink:
I agree with you, you sure deserve a banner for these finds, I would consider being in TH'ers heaven if I could practice in your part of the world, positively love your finds,like to come back and have another glance once in a while and dream about it, congrats and HAPPY HUNTING.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
CRUSADER said:
Whitebeard said:
Lanny in AB said:

All the best,

Lanny

Not frequent in a country that was outside of the Roman Empire & also a possible hoard. Dad & I are on 20 Roman Silver this year but have never had anything like this. Those that vote banner, know the score :wink:

I'm with Whitbeard on this one as well. It would be a dream come true to be able to hunt in Europe--so much history, and continuously occupied by people that worked metal, and struck metal coins, for such a long, long time.

All the best,

Lanny

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins !
Do you have any pics of them as they were found ?

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing :o :o :o Congrats and I hope there is a chest of those coins in that field 8) dawg

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheDane said:
jeff of pa said:
Nice coins !
Do you have any pics of them as they were found ?

Hi Jeff.

Yes, I actually made a couple of pictures with my mobile phone on location of the two first that I found.
Quality is not the best, but here they are: :icon_thumleft:

Your soil looks great, wish ours was as sandy :-\

OP
OP
TheDane

TheDane

Nov 3, 2005
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest: