Treasure takes many forms!

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to live in IND, so i have felt your pain. I dont miss that lake effect snow one damn bit! Just think spring and all the goodies you will find. It helps a little. ;)

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
How much did you get in OH, Coin_Saver? Are you in line for the rain that is supposed to go through the mid-west?

True_Metal said:
Used to live in IND, so i have felt your pain. I dont miss that lake effect snow one damn bit! Just think spring and all the goodies you will find. It helps a little. ;)

Yeah, can't wait for spring!! Looking forward to finding some real goodies. :D

~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

Dec 16, 2004
I used to work with a guy that was from PA and he said the last year he was there that he shoveled so much snow around his sidewalks and driveway that it got to the point he couldn't throw it up any higher with his shovel and it was so cold it didn't melt until spring.

Then he caught pneumonia from working up a sweat while shoveling snow in the very cold weather which landed him in bed for a couple of weeks and during that time his wife was bringing him some food to eat on a tray and she fell down the stairs and broke her leg. So, there they were, him with pneumonia and her with a broken leg and no way to get to the hospital because their car was covered completely in snow plus he was to sick to carry her our of the house and drive anyway. He had to call 911!

Then that spring, when it finally warmed up, he took the family on a picnic he said and it was a beautiful sunny day with flowers blooming out and birds singing and before he could get back home that evening there was over 6" of snow that had fallen.

He said that was it! That was the straw that broke the old camel's back. He told his wife to pack up that they were getting the hell out of there no matter what it took! Last time I talked to him he was living in SC and hadn't been back to PA in over 25 years and has no plans to go north of the Mason Dixon Line ever again. ;D

Smitty

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Man I didn't used to make that much in a whole winter! Maybe 5$ at a big driveway. Cladius.

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Well, we really didn't get that much SNOW 4'-5' in but we got a very large layer of ice! like 1' in well there u go, HH CS

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 79 i lived in IN on lake michigan, that winter we had a blizzard that totally incapacitated the whole area. We were stuck in our house for 3 days. I think it snowed like 6 feet in two consecutive days coupled with the wind drifting the snow. You could not open the house doors because they were drifted shut. My dad jumped out a second story window down into the yard to flag down the street dept to dig us out. It was crazy and i hope to never see that much snow again.

My sympathies to all in the high volume snow regions 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread