SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Christmas sure came early today! :headbang:I ventured out to an old stand by expecting to suck up a button or two but was very pleased with my finds today. The rain in the area made the loamy ground very soft and wet. I was picking signals for a solid 2 hours out of an area pounded by many detectorist including myself. First signal was a nice tombac button. About 20 minutes later I got a very loud solid 92 on my T2 very shallow. Thinking can or quarter on the surface. I flipped this bad boy out of the ground and nearly died when I wiped the dirt off the face! HOLY #@$E%. I was hunting solo so I just quietly celebrated making several phone calls to m hunting buddies. Beautiful 1793 Wreath and Bars large cent!!

PC240605.jpg

PC240606.jpg

PC240607.jpg

PC240604.jpg

After finding this I pounded the area and came up with some beautiful buttons too. One looks to be some sort of NJ National guard. Scoville back

PC240610.jpg

PC240611.jpg

Next beauty is this harp button with a bunch of clovers surrounding it. Havn't Id'ed it yet but could be military. Best Standard makers mark.

PC240612.jpg

Last but not least my first (colonial) Jews harp! Very small and very cool.

PC240615.jpg

I also made a little video that I can't figure out how to post as of yet. But enjoy the pics and Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

PC240613.jpg

PC240614.jpg

Upvote 1
OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Treasure if I could get that much I might just consider selling it to pay bill unfortunately It is probably worth close to 1,000. Gonna keep it and in 20 years maybe it will be an investment :headbang:

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SouthJerseyJim said:
Treasure if I could get that much I might just consider selling it to pay bill unfortunately It is probably worth close to 1,000. Gonna keep it and in 20 years maybe it will be an investment :headbang:
good idea to save it, it can be hard to sell something that you are proud to find and display, and a comment on the coin i can't believe how thick it is, it would almost be like carrying around a copper poker chip in your pocket.

Wheeler5656

Greenie
Jul 8, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What?s the value of that

[I found one just like that hunting on the side of a mountain I was wondering what it was worth I?ve had it for about five years

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions