Hes Back!!! Tenn. Trio Unites To Hunt Confederate Camp =Over 50 Relics!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
He's Back!!! Tenn. Trio Unites To Hunt Confederate Camp =Over 50 Relics!!

Dman’s physician told him to put the crutches away and cleared him to hunt relics on reasonably level land. The Tennessee Trio again reunited to hunt a CSA Cavalry camp today after a couple of months with Dman on i.r.
Josh and I figured we would need to share a few signals with him at first as we thought he may have forgotten how to hunt-LOL. I'm sure that when he dug the first .69 cal. ball, it felt like digging a Whitworth after not being able to hunt for two months.
The second pic is of our combined finds. Dman only hunted an hour and a half so as not to push his luck. Josh had the best finds today in the 3rd pic and looked like the Energizer Bunny running through the camp. His best find was the carved bullet with the cuff size eagle button and LeFaucheux pin fire bullet in the brass cartridge coming in a close 2nd and 3rd. That was his first pin fire bullet.
We dig something in this camp that we rarely dig anywhere else-charcoal from the campfires as shown in the last pic. They usually read in the upper iron range but some read "58" like a CW bullet.
It felt good to see our friend out there hunting with us again. Thanks for taking time to look at our post and Happy New Year from the Trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• Dman 12-30-11.jpg
    Dman 12-30-11.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,268
  • Tenn. Trio CS Hunt 12-30-11.jpg
    Tenn. Trio CS Hunt 12-30-11.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,323
  • Josh\'s Best Finds 12-30-11.jpg
    Josh\'s Best Finds 12-30-11.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,321
  • Charcoal from CS Campfires.jpg
    Charcoal from CS Campfires.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,318
Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: He's Back!!! Tenn. Trio Unites To Hunt Confederate Camp =Over 50 Relics!!

Fantastic to see ya got your partner back and you had a great dig on top of it!!!

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Awesome Quindy. So glad to see Dman swinging again. Y'all are doing great over there. We finally got everybody together and we are hitting our new camp tomorrow. Mike just got back from Culpeper and is coming over here tomorrow. He is going to be one tired puppy after tomorrow. Happy Holidays if I don't talk to you before then.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250

Nice CW relics... :icon_thumright:

campbluegrass

Aug 21, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2, Garret Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Quindy,

Looks like you 3 had a lot of fun. Great digs! I hope Bill and I have some good luck this weekend! It must be awesome hunting all those great c.s. relics!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

kuger said:
Fantastic to see ya got your partner back and you had a great dig on top of it!!!
Thanks Cody. PM me your regular email again-I have a mystery item that I dug that Rob (Creskol), Tennessee Digger, and half the relic dealers are trying to i.d. Thanks, Q.
treasurehound said:
Awesome Quindy. So glad to see Dman swinging again. Y'all are doing great over there. We finally got everybody together and we are hitting our new camp tomorrow. Mike just got back from Culpeper and is coming over here tomorrow. He is going to be one tired puppy after tomorrow. Happy Holidays if I don't talk to you before then.
Same to you Randy and I'm looking forward to seeing how the new site produces. You and guy may need to use your shovels to pry Mike's eyes open-LOL. HH, Quindy.
Wldbil said:
Nice CW relics... :icon_thumright:
Thanks Bill and HH, Quindy.
campbluegrass said:
Quindy,

Looks like you 3 had a lot of fun. Great digs! I hope Bill and I have some good luck this weekend! It must be awesome hunting all those great c.s. relics!
Don't let me down Craig as I have already predicted (to Bill) thay you will dig another carved bullet. I hope you guys do well. HH, Quindy.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds and great to see Dman's back swinging. Wish we had sites such as yours up here in Maine. :thumbsup:

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice pile of relics! Glad to see Dman back at it, hey Dman we look alot alike, my bro thought I was in the pic LOL. HH

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great to see ya vertical DMan :thumbsup: and it looks like ya'll had a super duper hunt! Congrats, Breezie

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

I was happier than a hog in mud. Just being able to hunt with my friends was enough for me. Thank you all on Treasurenet for your emails and support through my recovery.
Dman

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Tenn Trio rides again! Welcome back Dman. Now hopefully Quindy can stop calling me every day sobbing that he misses his little buddy. LOL
You guys had a great day. Congrats to all three of you clowns.
-Dug-

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds. Always good to get back to it too. I just had shoulder surgery so down for the count myself. >:(

I dug into a campfire at a Union trestle gaurd.
Its cool to be right where you know they sat around trying to keep warm. :icon_thumleft:

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Spectacular Saves there fellas !! Its great to see D-Man back in the saddle. WB dman!. You guys made some great recoveries there Quindy, Congrats.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good to see the fearsome threesome doing what they do best :thumbsup:

That cartridge is a nice find :headbang:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

That first picture should be on banner. He's a rare find. LOL

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Dman said:
That first picture should be on banner. He's a rare find. LOL
So is a White Gorilla-LOL. Q.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Wow, nice finds!! Welcome back!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Marchas45 said:
Great finds and great to see Dman's back swinging. Wish we had sites such as yours up here in Maine. :thumbsup:
Thanks Marc and we are lucky to have CS sites in this area. Finding CS relics in Tennessee is quite a bit more difficult than it appears on our posts. They didn't drop as many relics as the Union troops. HH, Quindy.
MKnTenn said:
The relics will pour from the earth in buckets now! HH
We wish MK-LOL. Thanks and hope you have a BANNER year in 2012 MK, Quindy & the Trio.
Breezie said:
Great to see ya vertical DMan :thumbsup: and it looks like ya'll had a super duper hunt! Congrats, Breezie
Breezie, he hit the field too quickly and hunted too long during his shoulder surgery recoverey last winter. He says he will take it a little easier this time. HH, Quindy.
ModernMiner said:
The Tenn Trio rides again! Welcome back Dman. Now hopefully Quindy can stop calling me every day sobbing that he misses his little buddy. LOL
You guys had a great day. Congrats to all three of you clowns.
-Dug-
MM, I missed him as I need 2 credible witnesses when I make a historic find-LOL. "Credible" with Dman and Josh may be up for discussion too-LOL. HH, Q.
deathhare said:
Nice finds. Always good to get back to it too. I just had shoulder surgery so down for the count myself. >:(

I dug into a campfire at a Union trestle gaurd.
Its cool to be right where you know they sat around trying to keep warm. :icon_thumleft:
That it is DH and especially if one had ancestors camped there. HH, Quindy.
Getty said:
Spectacular Saves there fellas !! Its great to see D-Man back in the saddle. WB dman!. You guys made some great recoveries there Quindy, Congrats.
Roger, we seem to recover less conical bullets and more small balls on each visit now which is to be expected but we are still recovering buttons and button backs so that's a plus. HNY, Q.
Woodland Detectors said:
Way to go fellas. Great to see the trio back in full swing :hello2:
Now if we can just keep him healthy Mike, we can go digging regularly now. HH, Q.
RTDE3 said:
Welcome Back Dman! :hello2:
I know your 2 buddys did not feel the same out there with out you all this time.
Full steam ahead for the trio now! :thumbsup:
Super saves today guys! :icon_thumright:
Rob, Tenn. Josh has done a good job replacing Dman during his absence by aggravating me to death-LOL. HH and post that new button you found yresterday as it's a BEAUTY, Quindy.
Steve in PA said:
Good to see the fearsome threesome doing what they do best :thumbsup:

That cartridge is a nice find :headbang:
I don't know about "fearsome" Steve but we are back hunting together. Now, the controversy over whoever finds an eagle button buys lunch starts all over again. BTW, Josh dug an eagle cuff didn't he?-LOL, Quindy.
Relic Hound said:
Nice Finds!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright:
Hey Ryan, I'm glad you and Dixiedigger found relics yesterday. Let's go hunting again real soon. BTW, the article regarding the hunting trip when you and Andy came up and hunted wqith us will be in an upcoming issue of N S Trader Magazine real soon. Get Andy to call me Bud, Quindy.
relicminer said:
Wow, nice finds!! Welcome back!
Thanks for looking RM, Quindy, Dman, & Tenn. Josh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread