RelicHunter97

Sep 10, 2010
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello, all, I am making this post a week after the actual hunt. Time just seems to get away from you on vacation, I suppose.

So anyways, we decided to hit this field next to/behind this house across the street from the town common where there was a stockade in King Philip's war. The part of the field next to the house was very muddy so we started out behind it. We were getting decent enough finds, at a decent rate. He had found a dandy button and some other pieces, and I had found some buttons, and alot of lead, but mostly pottery, glass, and pipe stems (in the end I had found eight). So I headed over to the muddy area, because I was done with the section I was in, and I get a blaring loud signal of +84 next to the lawn, but still in the field. I look down and see a green disk poking out of the dirt. I bent over and brushed some dirt off, hoping to see something, but I couldn't. Then I walked over to Bob and told him he should come watch this. So then we trekked back to where I was, and I pulled out the disk. What I saw was about 3/5 of a disk. I went over to wash it off in a puddle and saw that it was my first King George II copper! That brings in my copper total for the year to 4, with 3 of them being colonial.
Hopefully today that total will rise, as Bob and I should be heading up to some old cellar holes today. Can't wait!

I'll make sure to make a post tonight or tomorrow if I find anything.

Thanks for looking,

-Anthony

Attachments

• pile.jpg
    pile.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 294
  • KGII1.jpg
    KGII1.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 282
  • KGII2.jpg
    KGII2.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can see the last digit with the exception of 9, you can date it. It's 173_. If the last is 9 it's either 1729 or 1739.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread