Best Buy Lost and Found

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Was looking at computers & stuff today at Best Buy while the wife and kid did their post-Christmas store thing and found a nice cell phone with a call waiting near the keyboards. Gave it straight to on of the BB guys who took it up to the desk. Should have waited for the reward, (yeah right) but it probably belongs to some junior high schooler who needs to stay in touch.

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great job, Lowbatts :)
Good to see there's still some decent people left on the planet...

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
You did the right thing, but I never trust the chain of custody back to the original owner unless I give it directly to them. The couple times I've found cell phones I've tried to determine the owner by checking various numbers programmed in, calling people, etc. Just a tip for the future.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I am with you on this one bergie. I have found two cell Phones in the park
while detecting and one on the river while fishing. I look through the phone numbers
and so far there has always been a home #. A quick call and they are glad to meet
you some where to pick them up. I have not received a reward but that does not
matter to me it is a good feeling to help some one out. I just wish that when I lost
mine some one would have returned it instead of marking a half dozen calls before I
had it turned off.

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
The last phone I found I turned in to the local police and they were more interested wether I had made any calls than finding the owner! I never heard from them or anyone else, dont know if they even tried to find the owner. Cladius.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread