These just kill me!

OP
OP
B

Buffalobackhoe

May 27, 2003
Brick, NJ
One? a war of 1812 artillery (1808-1821) button the other is a rare Connecticut Civil war vintage button (Governors Foot Guard).? Just thought I would post because they were damaged.? Thanks for the look.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAMAGED or Not, still great finds. in fact, the reason for the damage, may make them EXTRA-SPECIAL? ;) CONGRATS ; Jeff

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Nice digs! What brand of md are u using, I just got an Eplorer II for Christmas and was wondering if anyione else has one and if they could give me any tips, if anybody can give me any tips ty. HH CS

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
DAMAGED or Not, still great finds. in fact, the reason for the damage, may make them EXTRA-SPECIAL? ;) CONGRATS ; Jeff

Exactly. 8)

Any idea how they were damaged Buffalo?

OP
OP
B

Buffalobackhoe

May 27, 2003
Brick, NJ
They were siffted out of a dump. The dump was for a company that made rag paper for documents that closed down in the 1890's. They were damaged when the old rags (in this example old uniforms) were choped up for the paper process.

Hey Coin saver As for the explorer II, I have one also. I had a white XLT before my explorer and from my experiance it is head and sholders above. I love the sounds it makes when you find good targets. I had found a sight here in jersey that used the sewer digging from New York City as fertizer. I found alot with the XLT, but when I went over the same area with the explorer it had seemed as if no one had detected there before. Go figure. No disrespect to the XLT lovers. Its a very good machine.

Oh and by the why if you dont do the reseach it doesnt matter which machine you own.

Thanks for the reply.

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
LOL I had an XLT too before i owened the Ex II!! :D and i love that machine! its very good, found alot of stuff with that md, As for what u said about:'Oh and by the why if you dont do the reseach it doesnt matter which machine you own.'
I totally agree with u but sometimes its better to have an md that can go deeper! Do u agree? HH CS

gsmeiers

Nov 25, 2004
Appleton, WI
Buffalobackhoe said:
They were siffted out of a dump. The dump was for a company that made rag paper for documents that closed down in the 1890's.? They were damaged when the old rags (in this example old uniforms) were choped up for the paper process.

Wow!! Sounds like a button-lovers-heaven at that site...

OP
OP
B

Buffalobackhoe

May 27, 2003
Brick, NJ
Yes it was. I got alot of great stuff, to bad its gone now >:( because I bearly scratched the surface of that dump when they decided to build on it. Oh well. I would have to say that there are thousands of button, coins, and stuff left there but now way to get at them until they decided to build again in probably 100 years or so.

Oh well

OP
OP
B

Buffalobackhoe

May 27, 2003
Brick, NJ
every thing and any thing that would have ended up in the sewer and did not rot away. Misc metal items, coins, jewelry, glass shards, keys, you name it. Monte

G

giterdone

I recall some post about someone finding loose diamonds in sewer stuff by panning it! Giterdone

OP
OP
B

Buffalobackhoe

May 27, 2003
Brick, NJ
giterdone said:
I recall some post about someone finding loose diamonds in sewer stuff by panning it! Giterdone

The stuff found was mostly pre 1890's so I dont think there are to many diamonds mixed in. although that would be nice ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread