Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Short Tenn. Trio Hunt at CSA Cavalry Camp Nets 2 Nice Carved Bullets & More

Tenn. Josh had about 2.5 hours to hunt this morning so the Tennessee Trio headed to a different CSA Cavalry camp than we have been hunting that had been double grid searched in the 1980s by hunters whose livelihood was based on selling relics. Many, many hunters have walked that site. Still, we never go home empty handed when we leave since we all bought Fisher F75s.
Dman opted not to wear his walking boot and the first thing he did was step in a hole and twist his ankle. That did not stop him and he continued to hunt. Our few finds are in the first pic.
I guess Dman and Josh tied for the best find today. Dman's dainty little carved piece of soldier's art is something they couldn't figure out. When I walked over where he and josh were admiring it, I looked at it and told Dman that it was a Confederate C-Band Satellite Dish-LOL. He threatened to dig a hole and leave me in it. From the side, it looked like a duck but all guesses are welcomed. Josh dug his carved bullet a little later into the hunt and it is obviously a male appendage. The 2 ring bullet I dug was just whittled on and measures out to be a .58 cal. Suhl Carbine bullet that was whittled on and the top shaved a bit. That's a shame as those bullets sell for $45 each (like I was going to sell it anyway-LOL.
Not many 60 degree January days in Tennessee and we really enjoyed it plus Dman and Josh recovered two really nice carved bullets to add to their collections. HH from the Trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• Trio Hunt CS Camp 1-6-12.jpg
    Trio Hunt CS Camp 1-6-12.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 826
  • Dman & Josh\'s Carved Bullets.jpg
    Dman & Josh\'s Carved Bullets.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 891
Upvote 0

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Short Tenn. Trio Hunt at CSA Cavalry Camp Nets 2 Nice Carved Bullets & More

Love the carved lead, nice finds. Dman hurt again? Hope it heals fast. I got to say the F75 limited I'm using now is the best detector I've ever used. In boost I'm digging deeper than ever before, and the old hunted out sites are now giving up some great relics again. It loves the DEEP iron, so it's awesome for shell hunting. HH

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

Consistency .. Gotta love consistency .. And you all sure are consistent in bringing home some quality relics!
I am jealous!

Nice finds guys!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

olekyground said:
great finds! love the bullets
Thanks O.G. I love them too. I never tire of digging them. HH, Quindy.
Dman said:
I believe the carved bullet is a fish. I really enjoyed the hunt. My leg is getting stronger everyday and I really appreciate everyone that has emailed me wishing me well.
Thanks

Dman
It's a Carp-LOL. Q.
HILL BILLY said:
Congrats to the Trio on a great hunt. One of these days I'm going to dig on a CW site, just not sure when? It was good to get to talk to you the other night quindy. You guys keep at it while we're having this great weather. Next weekend calling for a big cool down.

HB
Thanks HB and it was a pleasure to talk to you even though we have emailed many times. You talk more like a University Professor than a hillbilly as I told Dman. I'm afraid the moderate weather is coming to an end later for the Trio and the Iron Brigade later this week.
HH, Quindy.
Seabiscuit said:
Good hunt Quindy. You guys always find some nice carved bullets. Keep it up!
Seabiscuit
We have all been lucky in that regard lately Floyd. HH, Quindy.
johnnyblaze said:
Sweet hunt :icon_thumleft:

Love the carved bullets they are personal..

Blaze
They are that J.B. I wish more good weather for you to hunt. HH, Quindy.
MKnTenn said:
Love the carved lead, nice finds. Dman hurt again? Hope it heals fast. I got to say the F75 limited I'm using now is the best detector I've ever used. In boost I'm digging deeper than ever before, and the old hunted out sites are now giving up some great relics again. It loves the DEEP iron, so it's awesome for shell hunting. HH
We like them too MK. You have the relics to prove how good they are. HH, Quindy.
creskol said:
Consistency .. Gotta love consistency .. And you all sure are consistent in bringing home some quality relics!
I am jealous!

Nice finds guys!
Rob, having seen some of your finds just after you dug them, you shouldn't be jealous of anyone on Tnet as you have some remarkable lifetime finds. HH, Quindy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread