Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Short Tenn. Trio Hunt at CSA Cavalry Camp Nets 2 Nice Carved Bullets & More

Tenn. Josh had about 2.5 hours to hunt this morning so the Tennessee Trio headed to a different CSA Cavalry camp than we have been hunting that had been double grid searched in the 1980s by hunters whose livelihood was based on selling relics. Many, many hunters have walked that site. Still, we never go home empty handed when we leave since we all bought Fisher F75s.
Dman opted not to wear his walking boot and the first thing he did was step in a hole and twist his ankle. That did not stop him and he continued to hunt. Our few finds are in the first pic.
I guess Dman and Josh tied for the best find today. Dman's dainty little carved piece of soldier's art is something they couldn't figure out. When I walked over where he and josh were admiring it, I looked at it and told Dman that it was a Confederate C-Band Satellite Dish-LOL. He threatened to dig a hole and leave me in it. From the side, it looked like a duck but all guesses are welcomed. Josh dug his carved bullet a little later into the hunt and it is obviously a male appendage. The 2 ring bullet I dug was just whittled on and measures out to be a .58 cal. Suhl Carbine bullet that was whittled on and the top shaved a bit. That's a shame as those bullets sell for $45 each (like I was going to sell it anyway-LOL.
Not many 60 degree January days in Tennessee and we really enjoyed it plus Dman and Josh recovered two really nice carved bullets to add to their collections. HH from the Trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• Trio Hunt CS Camp 1-6-12.jpg
    Trio Hunt CS Camp 1-6-12.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 826
  • Dman & Josh\'s Carved Bullets.jpg
    Dman & Josh\'s Carved Bullets.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 891
Upvote 0

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Short Tenn. Trio Hunt at CSA Cavalry Camp Nets 2 Nice Carved Bullets & More

Nice finds Quindy. I always find Confederate pull tabs, nails, shotgun hulls (Those 12th GA boys really got around) and much more, lol. Congrats on your recoveries. The far east Tennessee boys are hitting it tomorrow. Mike is bringing his GPX and backhoe. And what a way to end Friday.... I have a guy I was working with today give me permission to hunt his and his neighbors property. I will send you an email because you will know the history of this site.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.

You guys always find something! I like to dig those carved bullets and oh, BTW, the hole that Doug stepped in was one of my old dig holes!!!!! ( Just kidding, I cover mine up ) Tennessee digger

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Burt! You've already twisted that ankle!? :-X We're going to have to say an extra prayer for your safety every time you go out of the house! :D You guys are digging up some great stuff up there! Keep it coming~

Nana :hello:

sscindercoop

Silver Member
Apr 14, 2009
Central New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice :icon_thumleft:

James from TN

Apr 26, 2010
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

It's always nice digging carved lead but those are some exceptional pieces. Could it be a bowl sitting on a pedestal? The .58 caliber suhl is one bullet that has always evaded me only digging one in all my years of hunting. I am with you on the Fisher's. Our sites are coming back to life with them.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

treasurehound said:
Nice finds Quindy. I always find Confederate pull tabs, nails, shotgun hulls (Those 12th GA boys really got around) and much more, lol. Congrats on your recoveries. The far east Tennessee boys are hitting it tomorrow. Mike is bringing his GPX and backhoe. And what a way to end Friday.... I have a guy I was working with today give me permission to hunt his and his neighbors property. I will send you an email because you will know the history of this site.
Randy, that site has very good possibilities if it hadn't already been searched hard. Good luck there. Q.
tennessee digger said:
You guys always find something! I like to dig those carved bullets and oh, BTW, the hole that Doug stepped in was one of my old dig holes!!!!! ( Just kidding, I cover mine up ) Tennessee digger
I know you do Donnie and we'll plan on a hunt soon. HH, Quindy.
Nana40 said:
Burt! You've already twisted that ankle!? :-X We're going to have to say an extra prayer for your safety every time you go out of the house! :D You guys are digging up some great stuff up there! Keep it coming~

Nana :hello:
He needs a KEEPER Nana instead of prayers I think. After he dug that carved bullet, he forgot he had an ankle-LOL. Q.
RTDE3 said:
Quindy your are going to have to put Dman in a suit of armor to keep him safe! But then you can't hunt around him. ;D
The mystery lead at first looked like a whale breaching the water. But then if you turn it over it looks like a flower. And that would make more since for the time. Nice hunt! :thumbsup:
Rob, Dman had one guy who came by his store suggest it may be a fish. See the dorsal fin and fish head? HH, Quindy.
sscindercoop said:
Thanks for looking and HH SSC, Quindy.
James from TN said:
It's always nice digging carved lead but those are some exceptional pieces. Could it be a bowl sitting on a pedestal? The .58 caliber suhl is one bullet that has always evaded me only digging one in all my years of hunting. I am with you on the Fisher's. Our sites are coming back to life with them.
James, that's my second .58 cal. Suhl and I dug one .55 cal. Suhl from the same camp as the one we hunted today. HH, Quindy.

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Great finds buddy!!!!! Those Carved are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I love the carved stuff!! Super finds!! :icon_thumleft:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds Guys! :icon_thumleft:
Keep an eye on Bubble Boy. I would hate to see him get injured again so early in the year. :laughing9:
As far as, "Josh dug his carved bullet a little later into the hunt and it is obviously a male appendage."
Could you please explain what the appendage is kind Sir? :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing9:

Glad to see the Tenn Trio back in full force. :occasion14:
-MM-

campbluegrass

Aug 21, 2011
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2, Garret Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Way to go Tenn. Trio and thanks for the post Quindy... It's always great to see soldier's art. Enjoy the warmth while it lasts! :icon_sunny:

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

it was good to see your finds.glad you got to hunt.hope maybe to see Dman next week.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You boys dug some FINE carved bullets today! I have NEVER dug even one, but Kindafoundabuckle found a great one a few years ago. Seems like there just wasn't so much free time for those soldiers in the camps and pickets I've hunted. Those are First Rate.

Congrats to the Tenn. Trio and keep up the good work.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Way to go Trio!!! I LOVE those carved bullets :thumbsup: Breezie

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hutch911 said:
Great finds buddy!!!!! Those Carved are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Hutch. I'm sure you will be hunting the VA camps with the unseasonably weather this weekend. Good luck my friend, Quindy.
relicminer said:
I love the carved stuff!! Super finds!! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks RM. I really wish the CS Cav. Soldier had not started carving on mine as the .58 cal. Suhl bullets are kinda scarce for the German rifle and strictly CS used. HH, Quindy.
ModernMiner said:
Nice finds Guys! :icon_thumleft:
Keep an eye on Bubble Boy. I would hate to see him get injured again so early in the year. :laughing9:
As far as, "Josh dug his carved bullet a little later into the hunt and it is obviously a male appendage."
Could you please explain what the appendage is kind Sir? :dontknow: :tongue3: :laughing9:

Glad to see the Tenn Trio back in full force. :occasion14:
-MM-
Thanks MM and as to your question about what a male appendage is (since this is a family site): It's something that gets all males in trouble sooner or later-LOL. Good luck today, Q.
campbluegrass said:
Way to go Tenn. Trio and thanks for the post Quindy... It's always great to see soldier's art. Enjoy the warmth while it lasts! :icon_sunny:
You ought tpo know Greg. Usually, we find about 1 good carved bullet in 300 dropped or fired bullets here. You have certainly beat those odds last year in KY-LOL. HH, Quindy
rebelrouser said:
it was good to see your finds.glad you got to hunt.hope maybe to see Dman next week.
Thanks Don. Go by his store and see what you think that carved bullet is. HH, Q.
BuckleBoy said:
You boys dug some FINE carved bullets today! I have NEVER dug even one, but Kindafoundabuckle found a great one a few years ago. Seems like there just wasn't so much free time for those soldiers in the camps and pickets I've hunted. Those are First Rate.

Congrats to the Tenn. Trio and keep up the good work.

Best Wishes,

Buckles
Thanks BB and I really enjoyed the daily hunt phone report from you and HB. You guys will never forget those hunts as you both made outstanding finds. HH, Quindy.
Breezie said:
Way to go Trio!!! I LOVE those carved bullets :thumbsup: Breezie
You ought too Breezie as you have found your share as shown in my N S Trader article from last fall that included some of the ones you found including that "lead ruler" shown in the pic. HH, Q.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 653

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

great finds! love the bullets

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

I believe the carved bullet is a fish. I really enjoyed the hunt. My leg is getting stronger everyday and I really appreciate everyone that has emailed me wishing me well.
Thanks

Dman

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

Congrats to the Trio on a great hunt. One of these days I'm going to dig on a CW site, just not sure when? It was good to get to talk to you the other night quindy. You guys keep at it while we're having this great weather. Next weekend calling for a big cool down.

HB

Seabiscuit

Jan 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
F-75, CZ-20, Troy Shadow

Good hunt Quindy. You guys always find some nice carved bullets. Keep it up!
Seabiscuit

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other

Sweet hunt :icon_thumleft:

Love the carved bullets they are personal..

Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread