Indiana Digger

Oct 13, 2010
E.C. Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II SL90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

Wow...whoda thunk that I'd be able to swing a coil on January 6th in good old Indiana?!

Sunshine and 55 degrees yesterday, so I went to my honey-hole for a few hours and found a few good pieces.

01062012.jpg

The flat button is nice and complete - gonna have to get the loupe out and see if I can read the backmark.
I've found a ton of musket balls and assorted lead here in the past and found a few pieces yesterday.
Take a look at that bottom square nail - no deterioration whatsoever - just like the blacksmith finished it.
The upper left piece is still unidentified. I've found four of these pieces on this site - see the next pic.

01062012 pieces.jpg
These similar pieces have been found on this site - gun parts? I've found flintlock pieces here.
Does anyone recognize these pieces?

Expecting some sun today with a hi of 43, so I'm planning to go out again today.

Happy Hunting!

~Indiana Digger~

Upvote 0

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You THers must be living right, in the States. Here in S. Korea it has been well under freezing for 3 weeks +. Need jackhammers just to make a dent in the soil. Seriously, I don't even carry my machine with me now. I just hunt for sites to go back to when
it thaws. And, then I have to hump it in the snow, and hope that the site has had the snow blown off it by the wind.
You are finding the stuff that says you are in the right place. The good stuff will be there......just a matter of time, THer.
Keep hunting, and keep posting. I like the period historical pieces as much as the coins. :thumbsup:

olenodigger

Mar 2, 2007
north florida,U.S
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250,infinum LS,White's Spectra V3i,white's TDI pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a guess but the unknown item looks like part of the back plate for draw pulls on chest of draws. Great finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread