Not quite the Banner day I had hoped for, But............

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sun was shining and we were swinging at an old spot. This was not the open field hunting that we all know and love.

This was the old log cabin covered by clapboard and then covered with siding kind of day. It started off like gang busters

with Armstrong finding a candle stick holder on the first hole, then Weaver found another one in better shape. This is only

the 2nd and 3rd one I have seen come up in 12 years of hunting. Weaver dug the only old coin of the day, the 1828 large cent.

I dug a couple of old matching spoons and a nice skeleton key and 1 wheat back, Armstrong dug 4 wheat backs and a couple of

flat buttons, this is rare for Armstrong since he has a bad habit of kicking our butts. Weaver looks funny looking in that hole

where the large cent was, I think he was trying to wish something else out of it. Good hunting to all.

Attachments

• DSCN0016.jpg
    DSCN0016.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 478
  • DSCN0012.jpg
    DSCN0012.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 467
  • DSCN0018.jpg
    DSCN0018.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice finds and a very nice day to be out. That LC other than be holed looks to be in real good condition.

Bill

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well. Not every day can be a silver day.

Still an ok showing, with at least one oldie being dug. Those candlestick loops are nice little finds. They sound almost as good as scythe handle ferrules. Looks like somebody got a rosette or similar. Those are decent keepers too.

-Buck

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Nice finds Deno, looks like it was great day to get out and dig a large cent.

garryson

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hungary
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice coin and some cool other old stuff. :icon_thumleft:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice large!!! MR TUFF

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man , I love LC's...especially when the ground is kind to them. Congrats on a good hunt! Just being able to get out and hunt at this time of year is a bonus!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread