Gonehunting with the Freak

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUer6x-rjjU&list=UUkmLfggo_bVmG-RRfAzAAMQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Today we headed to Durant. The first yard was an awesome start for Freak. It was a super trashy yard.. only yeilded up an old key for me, but Freak scored the Find of the day....
After looking at several houses, we went by a house that I have tried to get permission to for almost a year... It is a house that was exactly a 100 years old to the day. The landowner was excited and let us hunt.. We did have to give our finds but we photo'd everything.. My first old target was an 1889 Indian Head.
zHurm.jpg

After that I was pumped... I moved up along the flower bed and got a 14-48 signal at 4 inches.. thinking clad quarter, I was shocked..
5Er3J.jpg
It is silver and has a "10" which I am assuming is the size. I haven't had time to research it, but it's the best conditioned thimble I have ever found.
CS3Dd.jpg

After the thimble my next deep target was this 1891 Indian cent..
HNsum.jpg

Although I didn't find any silver coins, the thimble was a find of the day for me... Of course the usual Tax token showed up. I also found two wheats the oldest 1918 and an old costume jewelry ring... and we get to go back.. 8-)
Slv9B.jpg

On a second note the thimble was donated to the Three Rivers Museum in Durant.. the landowner is the President of the Museum..

Upvote 0

garryson

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2007
Hungary
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice video, and a special thimble. Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks Guys.... ;D

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet thimble!!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread