Few civil war relics found on this cold, cold day.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I braved the cold today for a good 3 hours on a farm in Winchester, Va. I've found several good items at this farm, including a King George the III half penny, 1887 Indian head along with many civil war finds. Todays hunt didn't produce such good finds, but I tell ya it is still nice to get out when ya can!

I hit the corner of this soybean field hard. Found the bottoms of civil war bullet shell casings left and right...like every other signal was the bottom of the casing. I asked myself, WHERE are the bullets!? Well, I did manage to find ONE bullet amongst all of the case bottoms. Other than that just a neat little jar, not too old...but liked it nonetheless. The usual square nails, pottery pieces and other odds and ends. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• Haldeman\'s - 01-20-2012 Bullet.jpg
    Haldeman\'s - 01-20-2012 Bullet.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,046
Upvote 0

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That awesome man , id be back out there checking for the bullets. Exspecially finding that many casing's in one spot .

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome saves there Matt!! We need to get out again buddy.

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
Sounds to me like the firing might have been coming from that spot, gotta find out which way they were firing....

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds, especially the bottle.

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good haul Matt! Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tomjiggy said:
Sounds to me like the firing might have been coming from that spot, gotta find out which way they were firing....

A buddy from work and I were trying to figure it out. We went into the woods in many directions and didn't find a single thing. He's found most of the dropped bullets in that particular area, I guess that's why I didn't find a lot of bullets. A few months ago I found a few bullets about 3 huge fields over from this spot. There's creek beds all throughout each sets of woods, I've been up and down them and found nothing! Seems like you would find a few dropped bullets along those creek beds...maybe I just haven't got the detector over it yet.

Getty said:
Awesome saves there Matt!! We need to get out again buddy.

Thanks, Roger. We do! The lead on the 275 year old house I told you about I guess fell through...tried to contact the guy several times, but no answer.

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll never give up! It's too much fun!

M

MiniMe

Looks like you and your buddy had a great hunt. Those are some sweet finds and I'm sure we will be seeing many more come from that place. Chilly isn't the word for this weather...it's frigid. I was out last Sunday and looked like the Michelin man with all the layers I had on. It's worth it though....you're right....it is to fun...addicting is more like it! HH!

OP
OP
matt092079

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minime said:
Looks like you and your buddy had a great hunt. Those are some sweet finds and I'm sure we will be seeing many more come from that place. Chilly isn't the word for this weather...it's frigid. I was out last Sunday and looked like the Michelin man with all the layers I had on. It's worth it though....you're right....it is to fun...addicting is more like it! HH!

You're right, buddy. It's very addicting. My friend from work and I were both "done" then he finds a bullet walking back and it both gave us that boost to keep on detecting. lol You seem to forget about the cold when you start finding some good relics.

M

MiniMe

Only takes one...and you keep on swinging cause you just know there's got to be something else there! Keep on swinging! :icon_thumleft: Mind over matter! There's got to be more there. HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread