First few hunts of 2012, ID help needed

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Hey all,

I got out a few times in 2012 already and got a Merc at a town park which I had hunted before, so I was pretty happy for that one so early in January. Also headed to a large Pittsburgh park and found this tag. It reads P.T. Co. 135. I tried looking it up but can't seem to find anything. My GUESS is Pittsburgh Trolley Co. and that it's a bag/coat tag. Can anyone help me ID it? The park dates back to the 1800s.

Also ran into another fellow detecting there and he said he had 7 silvers on the day! Dang...I didn't get any there that day but got this tag and a 2002 dog tag. Hey, I take what I can find!

Thanks all, here are the photos.

IMG_2037.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dr.D,If he found 7 there's more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I find a lot of old tags I can't identify myself! God Bless Chris

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
If we're guessing, Pittsburgh Trolley Co. is a good place to start. If it is, though, I'll bet Jeremy has found a bunch and could chime in.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Yeah that sounds about right.

I have alot of tags from the pittsburgh area. Was the guy hunting useing a e-trac. I from time to time I run into a few guys hunting the parks. Most of the time they have e-trac's. Still silver out there to be found.

HH Jer

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
JerV3 said:
Yeah that sounds about right.

I have alot of tags from the pittsburgh area. Was the guy hunting useing a e-trac. I from time to time I run into a few guys hunting the parks. Most of the time they have e-trac's. Still silver out there to be found.

HH Jer

I didn't get close enough to see what detector he had. I was actually wondering if it was you since you post on here a lot and are from the area. I know there's a lot of folks detecting that don't post on the site but the gears were turning.

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you got the PT part right then it is a tool crib tag. A mechanic goes to the tool crib to get a specialized tool that isn't in his normal tool kit. He gives the tool crib attendant the tag and the attendant pulls the tool off the storage location and hangs the mechanic's tag there.

When the mechanic returns the tool he gets his tag back. He doesn't return the tool and they know who to go after to get it back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread