• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 668
Upvote 0

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Hey GP, I found one that was a buffalo nickle, also pewter. Believe they may have been coasters. Nice find. congrats...Lance

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find GP! 8) Definately a keeper! 8)

Nana ;)

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
That thing? Thats a piece of trash but if you want to send it to me i will examine it closer and let you know. ;)

It looks like a Morgan dollar to me!!! Congrats!

-CC

OP
OP
G

gp

Jan 5, 2005
comfyinvermont said:
Hey GP, I found one that was a buffalo nickle, also pewter. Believe they may have been coasters. Nice find. congrats...Lance
thanks i was clueless

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
i saw a couple of those at the flea market sunday.... one was a li8ncoln penny and the other was a washington quarter.... pretty neat items

Marty

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are cool..

HH
-GC

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would guess that it is, in fact, a counterfeit coin. I have found several of these over the years. They are a lead alloy similar to pewter. The ones I found include a Morgan dollar, Barber half, Seated quarter, and Barber quarter.
There are people who collect these and sometimes they bring more than the original silver coin.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i would tend to agree with bk, but make sure its not just severely tarnished silver.awesome find either way!

OP
OP
G

gp

Jan 5, 2005
bk said:
I would guess that it is, in fact, a counterfeit coin. I have found several of these over the years. They are a lead alloy similar to pewter. The ones I found include a Morgan dollar, Barber half, Seated quarter, and Barber quarter.
There are people who collect these and sometimes they bring more than the original silver coin.
its 2 1/2 across huge!!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
gp said:
bk said:
its 2 1/2 across huge!!

oh, i guess that rules out a real morgan!! :P nice find nonetheless!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find!!.....I remember seeing these oversized coin's over the year's....Do me a favor,take it to the "quickie mart" and pretend like you don't know what's going on ;D....Definetley a keeper though...Congrat's and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread