1940 Little Orphan Anne Decoder Ring

jmh139

Oct 11, 2004
I was scouting out a building with a dirt floor that is on some property my dad owns and found this on top of the ground.? I did not even have my detector with me. ;D? It is in nice shape, but it does not spin like it should (you can see the letters and numbers on the side in one picture) .? Anyone know what I should soak it in to loosen it up?? Here is more info on it:? http://www.radioarchives.org/annie/

Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Beautiful find! put it in olive oil for a day or two and give it a try. Might take longer than a few days soaking but it should loosen it up and not damage it.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very cool find! ;D
Look at the condition it's in,,, they just don't make stuff like that anymore...

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
:)Cool find,you must had been as excited as the kid who received it in the mail many years ago.

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
Koooool find
first one of thoes i have seen seperate from a christmas story

Mav
that find gives you a k and 5 o's on the cool meter

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
LOL, has anybody here seen the 'Christmas Stary Movie'? Where the kid wants an red rider bb gun? well he had one of those lol! HH CS

gsmeiers

Nov 25, 2004
Appleton, WI
jmh139 said:
I was scouting out a building with a dirt floor that is on some property my dad owns and found this on top of the ground.? I did not even have my detector with me. ;D? It is in nice shape, but it does not spin like it should (you can see the letters and numbers on the side in one picture) .? Anyone know what I should soak it in to loosen it up?? Here is more info on it:? http://www.radioarchives.org/annie/

Very nice find JMH! We should have a "Hands & Knees" contents.... First silver wins.. But you have to find it on your hands and knees and WITHOUT a detector! LOL.

Garrett

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what no official red rider carbinine action 200 shot with the compass in the stock!that would be great!

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one of the coolest finds I've seen i awhile.

OP
OP
jmh139

jmh139

Oct 11, 2004
Using the olive oil trick above (thanks!) I have it 100 percent working now. A really neat toy, they really do not make them like this any more. There looks like a place where a pin broke off the back of it. I bet a kid had it pinned to his/her clothes and lost it in 1940. Poor kid, was probably pretty upset. Thanks for all the positive comments. Next I may find that jar of coins in that building :D

Jay

mavrick03

Sep 29, 2004
Stafford Va
check on ebay you can find one just like that currently for sale and 5 others even the sunburst one from 37 i would post the link but im currently bidding on one of em :P

mav

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread