Back in the Game

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
A little late but I added the pics of the mercs that I found on this hunt.

Hello to all my fellow treasure hunters. I have been away from metal detecting for a good while. A couple of years ago I lost one of my prime detecting spots that was producing a lot of old coinage and was a bit discouraged. I read about Searching banks for old coinage and had a great amount of success and brought in a ton of silver. The other day I brought the old Sovereign XS 2a pro out from the moth balls and went to an old school site that I thought was pretty hunted out. I had used my bounty hunter there a few years ago and walked away with a 1915 barber dime and a few wheats. I read up on how to increase my depth with the sovereign and had some good luck digging some deeper coins. This last hunt 1 hour hunt yielded 2 1945 mercury dimes. I know there is more out there. I hope to head back out on Monday. I have some pics that I will post later. I know these finds are nothing compared to what I have seen some of you guys pull but I figured I would share and add a little to the forum. Thanks for reading.

Golden Silver

Attachments

• coin4.jpg
    coin4.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 504
Upvote 0

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
g s, Welcome back,guess you had to take a break,now,get swinging!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: God Bless Chris

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
Thank you. Yes I and anxious to get back out. I love my sovereign. These coins were about 6 inches down but gave me a strong return.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
I finally have the photo to go with the story. I know these are small finds in comparison to most of y'alls but I was happy with two silvers in a day.

Golden Silver

JOSEY WHALES

Greenie
Jan 30, 2012
INDIANA
Detector(s) used
MARKSMAN, FISHER F-2 GARRETT PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds !i cant quit i am an addict i think about places to go constantly even when sleeping glad youre back in the game happy huntin josey

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
JOSEY WHALES said:
nice finds !i cant quit i am an addict i think about places to go constantly even when sleeping glad youre back in the game happy huntin josey
josey, I constantly scan while driving,I'm always scanning old maps,I love talking to old folks,I quess it was bred in me!!!FIND THE TREASURE. God Bless Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread