Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I didn't think it could be done...but today I obliterated my personal best

record of finding 4 French turret back Revolutionary War buttons in one day, (which I just set on Friday the 13th of this month), by digging 6 more French cuff buttons today! That makes an astounding 13 French buttons that have been found at this site in a little over 2 weeks! So far I have found a coat 64, 4 cuff 13's, 1 cuff 17, and a very rare cuff 10. Also found was another 1773 Halfpenny, a broken sling buckle, a few other broken colonial brass buckles, a brass part of a flintlock rifle, musketballs and a few later pistol bullets, and a 2 inch iron grapeshot. Of particular interest is an ornate object that appears to made out of pewter that kind of resembles a skeleton key and has traces of its original red paint. This item is in the closeup picture of the buttons at the bottom. Does anyone know what this is? I will carefully toothpick the buttons and post an update to this post sometime tomorrow or Monday. What an unforgettable day!!! HH Devonrex

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Devonrex

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Well I didn't think it could be done...but today I obliterated my personal best

picture of all finds........

Attachments

• IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 692
OP
OP
Devonrex

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Well I didn't think it could be done...but today I obliterated my personal best

close up of French cuff turret back buttons and unknown item

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 676

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a fine hunt...lot's of great relics right there!!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other

Man are you on a roll John! That's unbelieveable that you've been able to dig all those French buttons in such a short span of time. I guess you're in an untouched camp which probably means you're not yet finished with the Rev War recoveries. Keep hitting that site hard.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: What a kick-ass site you have!! I would love to see a group shot of all your finds from there once cleaned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread