Went hunting small game, but got a Antelope!

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short hunt after work at the park I got the 50cent piece. Wandered the football field finding nothing but modern grot. So I went walkies in the woods near the creek and stumbled on some big game.

DSC00371A.jpg

The loot! 9 pennies, 2 nickels, 1 dime. Assorted items.

DSC00374A.jpg
DSC00376A.jpg

Fishing lure out on the football pitch, the gopher must have got away! :tongue3:

DSC00372A.jpg

Aluminum tag. Dunno what this is.... ???

DSC00373A.jpg

Brass tag from old radio set, I think. Atwater Kent. Arthur Atwater Kent, Sr. (1873-1949) was an inventor and prominent radio manufacturer based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the United States of America. In 1921, he patented the modern form of the automobile ignition coil. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._Atwater_Kent

DSC00377A.jpg
DSC00378A.jpg

1962 Elizabeth penny. Oldest found today unfort, BUT....it was in the woods. Chance of silver, I'll be back! :laughing7:

And the big game I mentioned....well....I was working my way along the creek bank and started back up a path. Was finding alot of junk, people dumped their trash in the woods in the old days. Anway...I got a solid 92 signal. First thing through my head was...SILVER! Then I raised the coilhead and the signal faded at 8". Hopes went down then, but the depth on the PP said, 2" so I thought, ok maybe a silver dollar or 50cent piece. So I started digging.....SUDDENLY this Antelope comes crashing out of the hole and nearly scares me to death. :o

DSC00381A.jpg

Antelope bookend. Dunno where the other one is, he was alone in the woods. Too bad it's pewter or something. Not silver.

GL & HH ALL!!

Upvote 0

craftywulf

Greenie
Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good finds and I sure miss New West it has been way to long since visiting there

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the antalope was hiding from the croc -- the croc musta got the other one. --lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread