Check Trash find Half powder flask

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I went detecting the other day for about an hour or so and dug a couple of flat buttons and misc trash. I dug what I thought was a piece of brass roofing material. Just sat it in my pouch. Decided to dump the pouch this morning and go through what I found. Well when I took out the brass piece I noticed it looked strange..Round at the bottom and narrow at the neck...Well I rinsed it off. It was in a wad so I unfolded it and to my surprise I think it is a half of an old powder flask. Always pays to check that trash before you throw it away. Hope you all enjoy the picture. zaxfire
photo.jpg

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,thats what it is.Its amazing how many I have found just like that,folded up?I guess since they only cost about 35 cents back in the day?Nice save!!

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this one on Button Hill. That is where I have found some War of 1812 buttons and 1840's silver. I'm going to go back soon as this rain is over and see if I can find the other half and maybe top. :headbang:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck,hope ya do!!In my experience though,for what ever reason,unfortunately,the other pieces never seem to be close.I one retrieved the second half over a half mile away!!Looking back also,I think the majority of the chargers I have found were alone from the rest of the flask,often never found :dontknow:

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one was about 8 inches down on the side of the hill. I sure hope I can find the other half. Kinda disappointed that it doesn't have a design on it that I can see anyway. It was wadded up real bad. I may try to clean it a little more and see if anything comes to light. Probably just flat though.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zaxfire69 said:
This one was about 8 inches down on the side of the hill. I sure hope I can find the other half. Kinda disappointed that it doesn't have a design on it that I can see anyway. It was wadded up real bad. I may try to clean it a little more and see if anything comes to light. Probably just flat though.

:thumbsup: many of the smaller ones like that were just plain

http://soldusa.com/rainworx/detail.asp?id=16031

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice one. I think it would be cool to find the other half or the charger. It is worth a look at best. Thanks for the comments and link kuger.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fingers crossed ya find it.Let us know!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread