Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permission to hunt a farm house near the village limits where I grew up, the parents there have both passed on now and the estate sale is being held today. I spent a couple of visits there, huge side yard on both sides of the house with a double-barn side by side but the one has callapsed with age unfurtunately.
It really sucked there! I was quite disappointed but did manage to pick up two wheaties, 1929 at 3 inches & 1944 at 7 inches deep. Plus a nice Cyrus McCormick centennial coin from 1931 at 3 inches deep.

Who would of thought? Many years ago my mother gave me the same coin that belonged to her father! So here's a pic of both of them, I'll clean the dug one up a bit and I think it might even have more detail than my grandfather's does!

Note:
This bronze medal was sponsored by the International Harvester Company in 1931 to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the invention of the reaper by Cyrus McCormick in 1831. This was the first mechanized agriculture tool and it inspired the invention of many other important farm tools and equipment.
This was struck by Medallic Art Co. for IHC. 25,000 pieces were struck and were not sold but given as gifts or souvenirs.

Attachments

• Cyrus McCormick.jpg
    Cyrus McCormick.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 444
  • Cyrus McCormick reverse.jpg
    Cyrus McCormick reverse.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 446
Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't beat that, Diggin. I'd take it!! ;)

What a coincidence that you already own one! :)

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Being an Indiana farmboy, I really like the token. My uncle used to show one of those reaper's at the antique tracter show. He probably still has it out in the barn. Red and yellow if I remember right.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool coincidence

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How cool is that.....What a conversation piece....Congrates