Sandman finds cache last night

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I found a plesent surprise under one of the beds while cleaning my own house. It was a 5 lb. butter tub marked 1987 that I must have put there that year from the loot I collected. Besides all the change, was a zip loc baggie full of rings, gold and silver items I've retreived from the water. Seven gold and thirteen silver since I was only using a 1280 that year. I was pleased to find it but wondered about my bad memory. I used to put all the goodies in Country Crock tubs and mark them with dates. I didn't know this was there. I now wonder what else I have squirreled away.

Do you have anything put away that you could have forgotten about?

Sandman

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stefen, Butter tubs in the fridge give new meaning to "Cold Cash."

Sandman

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
I forget where I put some things, and my mother and cats help me finding a new place for my stuff... I'm still looking for a book >:(

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
don't feel bad Sandman I can put something down and 20 min later I cant find it. Ive even put a wrench down while working on my bike and 5 min later cant find it even though I hadn't moved from the chair. ???

maybe some day we'll remember where we left our memories. :D

Tim

ps thank God for spellcheck ;)

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beat this one.... I had a book on how to improve your memory, but could not remember who I borrowed it too... Found it in a friends house about 3 years later ;D Now it is back on my bookcase.

God bless
Peter

R

rvbvetter

Just because you forgot about it is no reason to start worrying about alzhiemers. It simply means......uh......what the heck now was I saying? Oh yeah!! Just because you forgot about it is no reas...... ahh.. just skip it. Nice refind!! HH

S

stefen

S---,

Started ro write something and forgot what it was.

Be back in a minu.........................

I'm back now...just got up from my nap. Now where was I?

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a pork chop in the back of the fridge that had been forgotten about, I smelled of it, then ate it. Later that day, wifey told me it was over two weeks old :D.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I stashed 30 one dollar bills in the foot of a sleeping bag and forgot about it. A few months later I asked my cousin if he wanted an old sleeping bag. He accepted. Later when I remembered that I put the bills in there I gave him a call. He was like, yea, they were in there, but was very reluctant to give them up. About had to use a crowbar to pry them from him.

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
Story begins in 1993 when I decided to be cute and stash my wife's jewelry away because she kept leaving it laying about...thought I would teach her a lesson you see...

A year later, she finally comes up to me and asks if I knew where her 14KT Swiss Cyma wristwatch, Diamond/Sapphire ring and Wedding set (valued at approx $7,000 at the time) was at...I was in the military at the time and had more serious concerns to deal with, and naturally forgot where I put it...

Well...this event as well as other issues eventually led up to us splitting the sheets in 2000 and late last year...what do I see adorning my lovely ex-wife's wrist and fingers? You guessed it...the long lost jewelry (currently valued at approx $14,000)...turns out her Mother found it in a plastic bag stuffed away in a diaper bag that she was going to sell at a garage sale...go figure?

How it got there I HAVE NO IDEA...I thought that I had hidden it in my gun safe...

My ex-Mother-In-Law was famous around the house for "liberating" things she deemed not necessary for you to have at the moment, such as: lunch money for the children, Husband's allowance, pocket change...if you had too much food in the cupboard she would help herself to it...heck, she still dumps her garbage in my can

I made her apologize for accusing me of "hocking" her jewelry...

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tim, I am going to let you in on something that I discovered. It's the tool troll! There is an invisible troll that follows you around and moves your tools when you lay then out to work. Yes, it's true! I have put tools down right beside me and found them in the next room. He is especially annoying if you are working underneath a car. You can't possibly move the tools yourself and they wind up all the way across the garage out of reach. I recently put in a starter and the tool troll made me get out from beneath the car and crawl back under there 4 or 5 times. Don't bother looking, he is invisible and he will move a tool only when you are not looking. How he knows what tool that you need next I will never know, but he just senses it I guess? Of course the tools you don't need he won't bother, another mystery. Monty

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to find stuff I've squirreled away! About 10 or 12 years ago I was going through some old wallets, seeing if there were any business cards I needed, or old photos I wanted to keep and ran across a neatly folded $100 bill. I could not remember for the life of me putting it in there, maybe I was playing poker and drinking and stuck it in there to keep from gambling it away or something. I hadn't carried the wallet in like 8 or 9 years, so it had been in there all that time.

Nice find Sandman!

HH,
Ramapirate

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread