Sandman finds cache last night

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I found a plesent surprise under one of the beds while cleaning my own house. It was a 5 lb. butter tub marked 1987 that I must have put there that year from the loot I collected. Besides all the change, was a zip loc baggie full of rings, gold and silver items I've retreived from the water. Seven gold and thirteen silver since I was only using a 1280 that year. I was pleased to find it but wondered about my bad memory. I used to put all the goodies in Country Crock tubs and mark them with dates. I didn't know this was there. I now wonder what else I have squirreled away.

Do you have anything put away that you could have forgotten about?

Sandman

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sand....I put a $100 bill in a book(I thought)...To this day it is still unfound!!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
just my ex-wife................. if you see her tell her,,...,,,, well, nevermind........

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Sandman you're the type who make buying a house really exciting. You know, caches here and there LOL! ;D

Been there and done it friend. I recently found a can of some 200 Wheat cents I had forgotten about. These were dug and tossed into that coffee can back in 1983. Haven't even checked the dates on them yet.

I posted this before but back in 1984 I put approx. $900 in cash above the suspended ceiling in the basement of a house we used to own. A few months later we moved and two years later we sold the place. In all the excitement of a job change I had totally forgotten about the cash.

I'm sure the new owner found it within a few months after purchasing the place.

Anyway, nice story.

Badger

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
The other day I was showing my sister some stuff I had locked away in the safe and found an 1880 Morgan dollar that was made into a wristwatch years ago. I thought I sold it on Ebay a few years ago but it must not of sold (I hope) ::)

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Thats pretty awesome to do so well that you forget about gold and silver. Actually I have forgotten gold and silver too.

Forgot that I wasn't going to any LoL

Shamus

Sep 27, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I had a kilt jacket once that (ahem) shrunk. Yeah, that's it! ;D Anyway, I talked a Scottish friend into taking it off my hands. He found $500 in one of the pockets that I had stashed there and totally forgotten about! He was kind enough to return the cash to me.

Shamus

Sep 27, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Michigan Badger said:
I posted this before but back in 1984 I put approx. $900 in cash above the suspended ceiling in the basement of a house we used to own. A few months later we moved and two years later we sold the place. In all the excitement of a job change I had totally forgotten about the cash.

I'm sure the new owner found it within a few months after purchasing the place.

Probably not, unless he remodelled the basement. It may even still be there.

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Sandman, how about some pics! About all I've found is large bills I had in a sportscoat pocket or something. If I had some gold stashed away, I'd remember it!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot what I stashed and where I stashed it. I'll find it one of these days....ohhhh ya.... I forgot....

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am starting to find stuff I squirreled away all the time now. Old treasure magazines are being reread. I have a small collection of bottles I found in the early days. One doesn't think things will be forgotten as they are just placed out of the way and with all the projects they get forgotten. I've since dumped all the coins from the tub into a larger pail with this years finds and the old rings are in a deposit box where I know they are safe from me moving and leaving it all behind.

Sandman

madfranks

May 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
When I was in elementary school, I saved and saved my allowance until I had about $40. To a little kid that was A LOT of money. I put it in a big manilla envelope and hid it in the garage. Not even a year later we moved and I completely forgot about it until we were already in our new place. I begged my dad to drive me back to our old house for me to look for it, but someone else had already moved in and it was lost forever. :'(

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Sandman, think of it this way. It gives you something to search for during those winter months. I'm still looking for some tokens I stuck away somewhere's. I ran out of 2X2's and put them in a safe place till I could get some more. Guess they're pretty safe cause I can't find 'em. :-[

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Just last night I was looking in my top dresser drawer, and found 2 rolls of Halves!

I cannot recall putting them there, but what the heck! 20 bucks is 20 bucks!
;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am the world's worse at squirreling something away and then forgetting where I put it. I am looking for a baseball card now that may be worth several thousand dollars. I wrapped it in notebook paper and remember saying to myself, "I'll put this here as it may be worth something someday". No clue as to where that someplace is! Monty

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put seven gold and thirteen silver rings in a baggie in some butter tub marked 1987. Have you seen them?? ;D

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
I lost my car keys inside my car, that was 3 months ago.
I still have not been able to find them.... :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread