Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today for about 2.5 hours, thought it was going to be a wet hunt but the clouds took a break and it stopped raining when I got to the field. The field is a harvested corn field so it is hard packed and the mud was not bad at all. I detected the field where I found the gold coin, found a few interesting relics. Then the last 30 minutes I detected a lot where they are building a new grocery store. The lot had a house on it before, it has been torn down and the top 10” of humus has been scraped off and piled up. Didn’t have much time but I did find a button below the scraping, thought it was a coin. This lot is beside a church and cemetery. Here’s a picture of the lot, you can see the cemetery in the background and where it has been scraped and piles of top soil, the big hole is where the cellar was.
7Oct06lot.jpg

While detecting the scraped lot, I saw something move off to the side, I turned and caught a young finds God who was about to play me. I pulled off my headphones and lassoed the prankster, knowing it was caught in the act, the joker froze in time and shrank down to a small nicnack sized relic. Note the load of water it was about to shoot me with, I did not have to bag the detector today.
7Oct06trink.jpg

the gold coin field I found this interesting pendant that might date the field back to the 1600s, looks very old and the message it sends is interesting. I would be glad to hear your opinion of it, will post my opinion later. Here is one side, not sure which is the obverse or reverse.
7Oct06pedantR.jpg

The opposite side of the pendant, looks like a dragon slayer with a long sword, opinions please!
7Oct06pedantO.jpg

Here’s the relics. Top left to right, the button I found just below the scraped lot, looks old but still has cloth attached to the reverse, found it close to the cemetery, weird! An unusual button made of lead or possibly an ornate piece of something else, I’m curious if anyone has found lead buttons in the Colonial areas of America? Next an oil lamp adjustment wheel, note the balanced scales on the wheel. A musket ball. A lead Salt seal. Lower left to right, an 1850 copper coin, date is hard to see. Another lead button piece and far right a dimpled WWII German button. Had a good time out there! HH, Mike
7Oct06relics.jpg

Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
great finds,, awesome......

first side,,,,,,, fox hunt ????? 2nd, no clue....

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
BM,

again, a nice bunch of artifacts.

And the age of the stuff you find.......Wow.

have a good un.............

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great post Mike, looks like a very good place to detect. Thanks for sharing. ;D

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
let's hope it say's "harmony" Mike....Nice find's.....Thank's for sharin'

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the pendent looks like a St. Peters madalion....

HH
-GC

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the pendent looks like a St. Peters madalion....

HH
-GC

satellite

Sep 30, 2006
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cult Member
Cutlass II micromax
Bandido II micromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St. George slew a dragon! WOW! cool !!

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Satellite, St. George looks to be correct on the pendant! Above the horse side looks like the letters GEORGIVS. Maybe two renditions of the dragon being slain! Thanks for the ID help. HH, Mike

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs as always Mike,Is it getting cold up your way yet? I had to break out the gloves this morning but it is nice out now. HH

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great stuff Mike, Congrats!!!
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan