I dub thee Barber Park

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Hi everyone!!! I spent the weekend here in the NOLA area so that I could get back to the park I had found the reale seated and several barbers. I got there early Saturday morning and started hunting. It was a slow start but it picked up and it turned out to be another great hunt. I have yet to find any silvers newer than the barbers. It is crazy because I am picking out wheaties on a regular basis. I guess someone must have done some serious cherry picking. I am glad to have the etrac. In this soil it is working like a dream. I hope you enjoy the vid. I just started doing these after Dave (American Coin Hunting) showed me how easy it was. Thanks for looking. TMAN...
[youtube=425,350]UHQYdM9kuW4[/youtube]

Upvote 0

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice digging, cool silver finds

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, Nice Finds :icon_thumright:

Tom Bigbee

Feb 17, 2009
Miss/ Ala
Detector(s) used
1266X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A real nice spot you have there! Love those O mint marks. It should produce for quite a while. Keep posting.

staydetuned

Aug 27, 2007
San Francisco, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II
Haha, awesome video! Hate it when they stick to the end of your digger!

Love NOLA - got some Barbers myself there on a trip not too long ago. Great hunting, keep it up!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W :o W!! Those are some sweet finds, TMan!! Enjoyed the video. Did you catch any parades while you was there?

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Finds and Great Video!!! That Park is worthy of its name... except you keep goin' deeper and findn' more of those seated dimes....you might have to change its name again. :) Thanks for the Cool Post!!!

Keep It Up!!!
M.J

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great video you made--sweet finds!

All the best,

Lanny

OP
OP
tmanfromtexas

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
River Rat said:
W :o W!! Those are some sweet finds, TMan!! Enjoyed the video. Did you catch any parades while you was there?

Hey RR!! :hello: No I didnt get a chance to catch any of the festivities while I was there. I thought about it but was having to much fun hunting. Have you made it out much? TMAN...

Digginbingo

Jan 8, 2012
Binghamton, NY
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh man!!!! Thats a good day. I have never found anything barber. I would pound that park for weeks..... Nice finds! :headbang:

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds!!! congrats!! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
tmanfromtexas

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
NOLA_Ken said:
Congrats on some great digs! :icon_thumright: I gotta get back over there before you find all the good stuff!

My hunt Sunday was less than stellar after all. The watch was plated. I was sooooo disapointed. I am gonna get back out there in a few weeks. I will let ya know when I am gonna hit it again. We also might want to hit those two parks you IMed me about. If they arent too trashy they might give up some goodies too. TMAN...

turf_aholic

May 5, 2009
PNW
Great video... Looks like one heck of a hunt.
Quick question... :help: :help:

What type of video camera are you using??? Great detail and terrific Macro Focusing!

Many thanks and Congratulations!!! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread