I thought I had a great start but look at the SUPERB finish!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

dugupfinds

Attachments

• valens.jpg
    valens.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,437
Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi digupfinds,i merely asked the question about treasure act and i no way did i discredited or imply any remark about your honesty or your claim.

First this text from the Treasure Act
  'an object or coin is a part of the same as another object or coin if is found in the same place,as ,or had previously been left together with,the other object.Find may have become scatered since they were originally deposited in the ground." Now that text in middle of the act causes misunderstanding. ??? ??? ??? ???.

second the following BBC productions THE ARCHAELOGISTS,BATTLEFIELD BRITAIN,HISTORY OF BATH AND ROME SETTLEMENTS OF BRITAIN.The archaelogists of the british museum make lenghty remarks about controversial issues relating to access to private properity and at times negatations went on for months.They also went through numerous sites with the best experts and void probs and m.ds and earth-moving equipment and found relics.but not of the quality as your finds.What you found in one field is possible but every week  ??? ??? ???

third there are numerous webb sites on british bottle and relic clubs.Lots of written acounts about their finds and remarks about lack of sites left to hunt.

four WHAT ARE THE LAWS ON HISTORICAL SITES ON PUBLIC AND PRIVATE LAND and major finds like yours. ??? ??? ??? ???

five I only made my remark on the the information provided by you "i found"
??? ??? ??? ??? ???

six i,m openly admit to being an amateur but your the british coin expert
??? ??? ??? ??? ???[your words]

this opinion is based on facts  'THE IMFAMOUS TINPAN'

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

In answer to your questions because you seem bothered by my activities:

"is found in the same place,as ,or had previously been left together with,the other object" - This means lost at the same time not 1000 years apart.

"What you found in one field is possible but every week" - I have found the items in 2 different fields & I have over 3500 acres over 12 different farmers.

"controversial issues relating to access to private properity and at times negatations went on for months". This is because of two reasons - they wish to search land which is Monumented & protected by Law therefore there is lots of red tape or they need to negatate terms with the land owner" I only detect land which I have permission to go on & which is not protected by Law.

"third there are numerous webb sites on british bottle and relic clubs.Lots of written acounts about their finds and remarks about lack of sites left to hunt." They are not looking hard enough & farmers are differicult people to deal with if you are the dishonest type. There are plenty of places to go but some like we do are really hard work & true Treasure hunters wouldn't bother with the land I do. They do it at night unlawfully.

"WHAT ARE THE LAWS ON HISTORICAL SITES ON PUBLIC AND PRIVATE LAND" - Historical site are off limits, private land with permission.

"five I only made my remark on the the information provided by you "i found"" - Well I did.

"six i,m openly admit to being an amateur but your the british coin expert" - Maybe expert is too strong, its my area of interest/collection.

Thanks for your continued interest in the best hobbie going!!

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there. I am ready for that trip to England. You are the poster boy for Metal detecting in England. So much history, so little time.

Ed D.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI THANKS FOR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS AND I WAS A LITTLE PUZZLED BY LAW AND THE INFO.I WILL OPENLY ADMIT AT TIMES I GET LITTLE OVER -TOP AT TIMES.YES SOME WHAT CRAZY BUT OF A GENERALY GOOD NATURED.SORRY MY INTENT WAS NOT BAD,I HAVE NEED TO KNOW.

TINPAN P.S I EAT HUMBLE PIE ALL THE TIME ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

There are plenty of dishonest people in the hobbie & I spend a great deal of time trying to gain the respect of the general public. Thats why I get a little defensive because its something close to my heart. I do displays at the local ametuer Museum & even sold a returned Treasure Trove item to them at £1500 less than I could have from a dealer so it would stay local. They are building a cabinet to specially house it. I do displays at work & have lent stuff for School projects.

I can say Honesty pays in the end.

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Thanks for everyones interest.
I plan to leave work early tomorrow to search the field one last time before its drilled, if it hasn't been drilled already?? Will post the best stuff tomorrow. Wish me LUCK.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's very cool you share your find's like that with the public and especially the school's....better watch out though,you're gonna have some young competition coming your way before you know it....Good Luck on your next visit...

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Looks like I might be rained off today! British weather for you!

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

I went out in the wet sticky mud - but it was worth it. See my lastest posting.

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

UPDATE :

Its a 1.5 Siliqua. Someone found it in the RIC.

Gunner

Dec 19, 2004
I'll check RIC again... I didn't see it..and (to be honest)...I was not aware of a 1.5 Siliqua Denomination....learn something new every day. Got a RIC #?

Gunner

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Gunner,

Still waiting for the guy to get back to me with the RIC#.

Will post as soon as I get it.

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Sorry no RIC No. as this coin was not published at the time of the book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread