Silver at the Defunct Park

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Well, dudes, the day all started off with a disagreement in the "Scooby Doo" about Blitz taking corners too quickly with my metal detector in the back. This escalated into an unfriendly dispute about who is the better detectorist. Eventually, I proclaimed myself as the better detectorist and we set our eyes on our destination: Defunct Park Zoyp.

I decided to detect in an area that I have never done thorougly before in hopes that I could score a decent find. About 20 minutes into the hunt, I got a deafening "dime" signal pinpointing at 0". So, being the smart ass I am, I kicked a small branch out of the way in the area that I was going to dig. Well, after doing so, I was startled to see a "One Dime" staring at me; it turned out to be a 1904 Barber dime. Yes, dudes, a Barber dime right on top of the ground, literally.

Hey, Blitz, who is "zee" man now?

Attachments

• zoyp.jpg
    zoyp.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0
D

doyboy

Yeah, I believe that one just as much as I believe Ed found gold coins.

Zoyboy, if you want the truth, I am "zee" man.

Who won yesterday, buddy ole' bro?

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I would like to thank all of you for being so generous.

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
Not bad at all...And I know it does happens...a few years back I found a
1917 dime lying on top of a pail of mud... ;D

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
It does happen through erosion, animals digging or anything else you could think of. I found a barber half sticking 1/3 out of the ground a few days ago. It was on the side of a hill that was eroding away.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great dig, but if you ever find out that it is raining Barbers in your neck of the woods instead of raindrops, give me a call. I've got lots of buckets laying around the house.

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread