Tennessee Trio Attacks 1862 Ind. & Ohio Infantry Camp Today-59 Relics Dug!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jan 2007
    Northern Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
    2869 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)

Tennessee Trio Attacks 1862 Ind. & Ohio Infantry Camp Today-59 Relics Dug!

Finally, all members of the Tennessee Trio (as MM calls us) were able to hunt for 5.5 hours at the U.S. CW Indiana and Ohio Infantry camp today. We had 59 relics if Tenn. Josh and Dman didnít miscount.
    Doug took off for the old home site near where Donnie dug the 1820 LC last week when we hunted together and spent about 1.5 hours there when we arrived. I set out looking for more concentrated tent line relics while Josh hit the tent lines we had already identified. Doug and I met up with Josh about the same time and he had already dug 6 3 ringers.
    Our combined finds are in the first pic plus I made 2 pics of relics as dug and one of Joshís carved nipple protector that Doug and I voted as Best Find today even though Josh dug a damaged eagle button that will again entitle him to buy our lunch (Attn. Hill Billy). He did buy our lunch today. He originally had two excuses:
    1. Left wallet at home.
    2..Had to go in to work early
    That dog didnít hunt so he bought our lunch. He dug a nice knapsack hook as did Doug. That makes 6 from that site so far. Doug recovered a U.S. issue gun tool and that make 4 assorted gun tools from the site. Josh and I both dug an old pocket knife today. It was a beautiful February day in middle Tennessee and we all dug relics-whatís not to like? HH from the Trio, Quindy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trio Hunt-U.S. Camp 2-20-12.jpg 
Views:	849 
Size:	353.3 KB 
ID:	609186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3 Ringer in Dirt as dug.jpg 
Views:	842 
Size:	395.6 KB 
ID:	609187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Josh\'s Knapsack Hook.jpg 
Views:	836 
Size:	597.7 KB 
ID:	609188   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Josh\'s nipple protector.jpg 
Views:	830 
Size:	257.5 KB 
ID:	609189  
    View more Tenn. Trio hunts by going to "You Tube" & typing in "Quindy Robertson".

May 2008
    Linden, VA
    Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
    24 times
    Relic Hunting

Re: Tennessee Trio Attacks 1862 Ind. & Ohio Infantry Camp Today-59 Relics Dug!

You guys are doing great!!!! keep at it something great is bound to pop up!!!!!

us
    Jul 2010
    Middletown, Pennsylvania
    Spectrum XLT
    5 times
    Metal Detecting

Great finds there.
    Dispenser of sage wisdom

us
    Mar 2009
    North Carolina
    Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
    48 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)

Very nice collection of relics!
    SkyPirate

us
    CS IS NEXT

Nov 2005
    PA-MD
    Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
    1537 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Nice TT

us
    Dec 2008
    4 times

that is super for all three of you. i know you enjoyed it.it was some super finds. anytime you can pull that many relics it is an excellent day.i will chech later and see what the miner has to say.

us
    Jul 2006
    Shelbyville, Tn.
    55 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

nice finds
    Garrett "Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, WAR has Never Solved Anything."

Holy crappe' Guys!!! That's French for holy @#&%!!!
    Unbelievable day there my Homies from Tenn.
    Glad you three were finally able to squeeze another free lunch out of Josh.
    Congrats to Josh on that nipple protector. We got snow here in NC last night so I could have used a couple of those this morning when I left for work.
    Great haul. I'm still waiting to see one of those IND pins surface for me.

Q-Man,
    Can you shoot me a closer picture of both sides of the knife in the upper left when you have a moment?
    Gracias Amigo.

-Dug-
    *Oldest coin-1775 Spanish 1 real *Oldest U.S. silver-1833 Capped Bust Half Dime *Best coin - 1945 GOLD 2 1/2 peso *Best Civil War finds:*NC officers belt buckle *CSN Confederate Navy Officer button

us
    Jan 2012
    GARRETT ACE 250
    12 times

nice finds

us
    Jan 2008
    Morristown, Tennessee
    Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil, Garrett Sea Hunter
    352 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Way to go Quindy. You guys are really on fire this year. I had to go to Knoxville Sunday and took my machine but it rained hard all day and I could not even hunt. I leave in about four weeks for Culpeper for the two DIV hunts and hope I can get my Confederate numbers up. Last time I was there for the Relic Rescue hunt I did pretty good.

us
    Dec 2011
    5 times
    Metal Detecting

Awesome finds.......
    The Only Consistency Is The Inconsistency

us
    Jul 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Fisher F75, Garrett AT Gold, XP Deus, Fisher 1270
    9033 times
    Banner Finds (3)

Nothing like digging a lot of keepers with everyone finding their share Congrats on a nice dig!
    Spanish Silver Totals
    Cut Pieces = 20
    Half Reals = 30
    1 Reals = 11
    2 Reales = 6
    8 Reales = 1
    2 Reale Cobs = 2
    Other Early Silver Coins
    1797 & 1803 Draped Bust Dimes
    1830 Capped Bust 5 cents
    1827 Capped Bust dime
    1661 Hammered silver King Leopold
    1697 William III 6-pence
    Rev War Buttons
    3rd Battalion PA, Hartley's Regiment, USA, (4) 18th Royal Irish, (2) Rattlesnake & Stars
    Civil War Plates
    VA Militia Cross Belt, CS Tongue, CS Wreath, VMM, US Box, Model 1851 Sword, Militia Plate w/Star

us
    Sep 2011
    N. Carolina
    Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
    7 times

Quindy, Thats some pretty work! Man, I'd love to live in Tennessee or Virginia. I'm Jealous!

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5462 times
    Prospecting

Great finds!!

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

us
    May 2005
    Maryland
    MXT
    35 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

WOW you guys are doin great there, congrats on awesome recoveries!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links