Tennessee Trio Attacks 1862 Ind. & Ohio Infantry Camp Today-59 Relics Dug!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tennessee Trio Attacks 1862 Ind. & Ohio Infantry Camp Today-59 Relics Dug!

Finally, all members of the Tennessee Trio (as MM calls us) were able to hunt for 5.5 hours at the U.S. CW Indiana and Ohio Infantry camp today. We had 59 relics if Tenn. Josh and Dman didn’t miscount.
Doug took off for the old home site near where Donnie dug the 1820 LC last week when we hunted together and spent about 1.5 hours there when we arrived. I set out looking for more concentrated tent line relics while Josh hit the tent lines we had already identified. Doug and I met up with Josh about the same time and he had already dug 6 3 ringers.
Our combined finds are in the first pic plus I made 2 pics of relics as dug and one of Josh’s carved nipple protector that Doug and I voted as Best Find today even though Josh dug a damaged eagle button that will again entitle him to buy our lunch (Attn. Hill Billy). He did buy our lunch today. He originally had two excuses:
1. Left wallet at home.
2..Had to go in to work early
That dog didn’t hunt so he bought our lunch. He dug a nice knapsack hook as did Doug. That makes 6 from that site so far. Doug recovered a U.S. issue gun tool and that make 4 assorted gun tools from the site. Josh and I both dug an old pocket knife today. It was a beautiful February day in middle Tennessee and we all dug relics-what’s not to like? HH from the Trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• Trio Hunt-U.S. Camp 2-20-12.jpg
    Trio Hunt-U.S. Camp 2-20-12.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 874
  • 3 Ringer in Dirt as dug.jpg
    3 Ringer in Dirt as dug.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 870
  • Josh\'s Knapsack Hook.jpg
    Josh\'s Knapsack Hook.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 864
  • Josh\'s nipple protector.jpg
    Josh\'s nipple protector.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 858
Upvote 0

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Tennessee Trio Attacks 1862 Ind. & Ohio Infantry Camp Today-59 Relics Dug!

You guys are doing great!!!! keep at it something great is bound to pop up!!!!!

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice collection of relics! :icon_pirat:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice TT :icon_thumright:

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

that is super for all three of you. i know you enjoyed it.it was some super finds. anytime you can pull that many relics it is an excellent day.i will chech later and see what the miner has to say.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holy crappe' Guys!!! That's French for holy @#&%!!!
Unbelievable day there my Homies from Tenn. :hello2:
Glad you three were finally able to squeeze another free lunch out of Josh. :laughing9:
Congrats to Josh on that nipple protector. We got snow here in NC last night so I could have used a couple of those this morning when I left for work. :tongue3:
Great haul. I'm still waiting to see one of those IND pins surface for me. :wink:

Q-Man,
Can you shoot me a closer picture of both sides of the knife in the upper left when you have a moment?
Gracias Amigo. :occasion14:

-Dug-

JOE-DIRTDIGGER

Jan 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice finds

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Way to go Quindy. You guys are really on fire this year. I had to go to Knoxville Sunday and took my machine but it rained hard all day and I could not even hunt. I leave in about four weeks for Culpeper for the two DIV hunts and hope I can get my Confederate numbers up. Last time I was there for the Relic Rescue hunt I did pretty good.

pumice

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Awesome finds....... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nothing like digging a lot of keepers with everyone finding their share :thumbsup: Congrats on a nice dig!

Thunderchild

Sep 24, 2011
N. Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD/ AT Pro / Whites TDI SL / Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Quindy, Thats some pretty work! Man, I'd love to live in Tennessee or Virginia. I'm Jealous!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Great finds!!

All the best,

Lanny

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW you guys are doin great there, congrats on awesome recoveries!

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.

Darn Quindy, you guys did GREAT. Glad to see these relics coming out of that place. Amazing to me that you folks have found so much there considering it has been pounded by other relic hunters. Good job. Tennessee digger

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on a nice relic hunt.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Poor Josh. :D Congrats on that button. :laughing7:
You all are cleaning up that site nicely! :icon_pirat: Congrats on all those super finds!

Nana :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hutch911 said:
You guys are doing great!!!! keep at it something great is bound to pop up!!!!!
Thanks Hutch. We keep thinking it is too. HH, Quindy.
civilman1 said:
Thanks Joe. Every time we think it's over there, we find another hot spot. HH, Q.
rebelrouser said:
that is super for all three of you. i know you enjoyed it.it was some super finds. anytime you can pull that many relics it is an excellent day.i will chech later and see what the miner has to say.
Thanks for your reply Don, Sky Pirate, B.H., Outlaw, Pumice, Roger, Denp, and Lanny.

ModernMiner said:
Holy crappe' Guys!!! That's French for holy @#&%!!!
Unbelievable day there my Homies from Tenn. :hello2:
Glad you three were finally able to squeeze another free lunch out of Josh. :laughing9:
Congrats to Josh on that nipple protector. We got snow here in NC last night so I could have used a couple of those this morning when I left for work. :tongue3:
Great haul. I'm still waiting to see one of those IND pins surface for me. :wink:

Q-Man,
Can you shoot me a closer picture of both sides of the knife in the upper left when you have a moment?
Gracias Amigo. :occasion14:

-Dug-
I'll get you a pic of the knife MM (some of the decomposed wood handle came off in my hand) and getting a free lunch out of Josh is tough. Even if he had not dug another button, Dman and i would have had a majority vote that the carved nipple protecrtor would have counted as an eagle button-LOL. Q.
treasurehound said:
Way to go Quindy. You guys are really on fire this year. I had to go to Knoxville Sunday and took my machine but it rained hard all day and I could not even hunt. I leave in about four weeks for Culpeper for the two DIV hunts and hope I can get my Confederate numbers up. Last time I was there for the Relic Rescue hunt I did pretty good.
Good luck there Randy and the site we are hunting reminds us of the soil we hunted in Culpeper. The F75s all must be ground balanced often there in VA or they will "ping" and same is true at our site. HH, Quindy.
Steve in PA said:
Nothing like digging a lot of keepers with everyone finding their share :thumbsup: Congrats on a nice dig!
Thanks Steve. Josh beat us both on the number of relics today. He will normally dig twice as many holes as Doug and I will. HH, Quindy.
Thunderchild said:
Quindy, Thats some pretty work! Man, I'd love to live in Tennessee or Virginia. I'm Jealous!
Glenn, you have done very well in your home state of NC with MM. You already have the start of a great collection and have just been relic hunting for about 6 months. With your apparent interest and talent for research, you and MM will continue to do well. HH, Quindy.
tennessee digger said:
Darn Quindy, you guys did GREAT. Glad to see these relics coming out of that place. Amazing to me that you folks have found so much there considering it has been pounded by other relic hunters. Good job. Tennessee digger
Doug didn't dig anything good at the old house with his SE and switched back to his F75 LTD in the field Donnie. I checked the woods SW of the house and if the 2nd Michigan Cavalry was there, they left nothing. I think everyone missed the rear of the camp. We owe all this to you. So far, I have dug over 100 relics there in 7 hunts. Let's go hunting next week after your Chattanooga friend goes back home. HH, Q.
Nana40 said:
Poor Josh. :D Congrats on that button. :laughing7:
You all are cleaning up that site nicely! :icon_pirat: Congrats on all those super finds!

Nana :icon_thumright:
Don't worry about "Poor Josh" Nanners. We have bought him more lunches than he can ever repay. We are going to start charging him a "Relic Guide" fee-LOL. You and Lisa better get up here before the goodies are gone from that site. As you know, we have other new sites not posted yet. HH, Q.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You guys are on fire!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread