Last couple weeks

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got out in the rain this morning and the black dirt stck like glue. Went to a place I had frequented a few times and spent a couple hours. It turned out to be a pretty decent day. Found my 6th wheatie for the year and a little change. I know that is slim pickin's for some but up here it is a decent day (unless you are Tom). The story is not in the coins though. I know this area has silver, and I have yet to find my first silver. I got a signal that read as a quarter at about 8" on the AT Pro. I smelled silver so I start digging in earnest. Got down to 8" and nothing, checked the hole and it was still there. Went on down and in the bottom I see a disk pop up. It was obviously not silver, but was quarter sized. I picked it up and said, button... I stuck it in my pouch and filled the hole. On the way across the area, I dug a Boy Scout neckerchief slide. I moved around the front of the nearest building and hit what I thought was a dime. Turned out to be a great seal shirt type button. I have never seen one but I will continue to research. Moving back toward the car, I got another steady signal and dug a great seal cuff button. I did not talk about all of the brass cartridges dug, but as you can see there were a few. After getting home and washing off the spoils and giving the AT Pro a shower, I discovered the button was actually a WWI enlisted collar disk. It was one I had never seen, so I looked it up and it turned out to be a US National Army Monogram Insignia. They were only produced in 1917 and were only issued for draftees for The Great War.

While I was cleaning, I cleaned up my pile of digs from the last couple of weeks. Additional photos show the religious pendants and wheaties I have found in that period. Included are more casings and bullets and a Hot Wheel, and some junk jewelry.

Enjoy

Attachments

• IMAG0589a.jpg
    IMAG0589a.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 399
  • IMAG0592a1.jpg
    IMAG0592a1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 387
  • IMAG0593b.jpg
    IMAG0593b.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 438
  • IMAG0598a.jpg
    IMAG0598a.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 438
  • IMAG0601b.jpg
    IMAG0601b.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 528
  • IMAG0600a.jpg
    IMAG0600a.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 619
  • IMAG0599a.jpg
    IMAG0599a.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 619
Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nicely done--sweet digs!

All the best,

Lanny

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like your at pro is producing some goodies, theres more buttons n silver n there!

tomharris76

Jan 11, 2009
Lake Stevens, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Thanks for calling me out......lol! Nice button, I shouldn't have left that one for you. I'll trade you a silver Rosie for it. That would like nice right next to WASH button I pulled the other day. I'm going to post it tonight. Also, thanks for the info on my button.

OP
OP
RFrady

RFrady

Jan 16, 2011
Steilacoom, WA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tom and Scott. We will continue to work that area. Looots of brass casings and can slaw though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread