River bank gives up silver

littlemike

May 13, 2011
Took a walk down to the river today because the temps hit in the low 50s,water dropped from 1200 to 500 cfm,and I just could not wait anymore...

Got to the bank where everyone and the mother looks for bottles,after 20 minutes of looking around found a lincoln..then I seen a tiny little spot of something shinny popping out of the ground..picked it up and was happy to see some silver...

Attachments

• IMG_2303.JPG
    IMG_2303.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 1,088
Upvote 0

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't find a merc with my MD and you find one with your eyes great job and nice fine :hello2:

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! sometimes your the Windshield, and sometimes your da Bug!!! cool find! :tongue3:

OP
OP
L

littlemike

May 13, 2011
Thanks for the comments everyone...Its a pretty cool spot,its a river (salmonriver,ny) running along side of a baseball field.it had to be a dump in the 50s, the glass is in its own section of the bank,then theres a section of the bank with metal and car parts.

The river has 1000s of people fishing it all year for salmon and steelhead.me and the better half wade in it in the summer and pick up lead split shot by the pounds.well over 300 pounds in 2 months last year.

Crazy,51 yesterday..snow all over the place today.a few inches on the ground and its still coming thanks to lake Ontario..

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
being old Navy....I love the water....she holds a lot and sometimes gives it up.....keep swinging :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread