1867 Half Penny, Austria 1897 2 heller, a 1oz. .999 silver Perth Mint coin, and

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Here are my finds for the last few months. The best being the 1oz silver coin which was still in the protective plastic sleeve, the coin was all black (found in a stream), I took a chance cleaning it, I got lucky and it came out looking new. The cross is Sterling and the heart is 14k (1st gold of 2012). Some of the usual finds also a handle to an old brush or mirror with initials on the end (maybe sterling?).
The small pin on the toy lead Indian says “Crowell Club Pledge Womans Home Companion The American Magazine Calliers” (?) screw type fastener on back.

1oz .999 Silver coin from the Perth Mint Australia with the Prabhadrvi Temple in Bombay
Rosie 1949, 1956, 1963(2)
Merc 1943(2)
Barber dime 1910
British Half Penny 1867
Australia six pence (altered)
Buff Nickel (2) no dates
Wash Qtr 1944
Austria 1897 2 heller and a 10 ?(3/4s left)

Thanks for looking!
TommNJ

Attachments

• 2-12 coins.JPG
    2-12 coins.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 643
  • 2-12 finds.JPG
    2-12 finds.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 671
  • 2-12 oldies.JPG
    2-12 oldies.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 640
  • silver oz 2-12.JPG
    silver oz 2-12.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 651
  • DSC02220.JPG
    DSC02220.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 719
  • wheat n misc.JPG
    wheat n misc.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 731
Upvote 0

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a good few months... Unreal about the 1 oz silver coin still in protective wrap!! :headbang:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Smokin' Balls of Fire !! TommNJ ,' You did awesome on your hunts and got some Great coins and treasures ! Lots of nice silvers especially that one oz. newer drop.. there is someone out there still searching for that one . :icon_scratch: nickels , dimes , quarters plate .. wonder if it's off a vending or slot machine . Huge Congrats !

dawg

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
lost hunter said:

Thanks lost hunter !

Briz06 said:
Thats a good few months... Unreal about the 1 oz silver coin still in protective wrap!! :headbang:

Thanks Briz06 ! Yeah I thought I had my 1st silver dollar but still wasn't disappointed.

CMDiamonddawg said:
Great Smokin' Balls of Fire !! TommNJ ,' You did awesome on your hunts and got some Great coins and treasures ! Lots of nice silvers especially that one oz. newer drop.. there is someone out there still searching for that one . :icon_scratch: nickels , dimes , quarters plate .. wonder if it's off a vending or slot machine . Huge Congrats !

dawg

Thanks dawg ! I'm thinking the same thing, from some kind of vending machine?

I added a few pics: heres a pic with it in the sleeve it was found in (with a 2 troy oz. coin I found a few years back). And some close ups of a few of the recent finds.

TommNJ

Attachments

• key tag.JPG
    key tag.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 494
  • DSC02212.JPG
    DSC02212.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 496
  • shiny stuff.JPG
    shiny stuff.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 495
  • 3 oz  of silver.JPG
    3 oz of silver.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 507

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds TommyNJ,

The lead toy Indian is listed in Richard O'Brien's book, "Collecting Toy Soldiers No. 2" as a Barclay #B97 "Indian Chief, tomahawk and shield" with the raised base, circa 1935-1940. The small disc was probably applied to the figure later in life by a child??? Congrats! Subterranean :D

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
jewelerguy said:
fantastic finds for sure!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks jewelerguy !
Subterranean said:
Great Finds TommyNJ,

The lead toy Indian is listed in Richard O'Brien's book, "Collecting Toy Soldiers No. 2" as a Barclay #B97 "Indian Chief, tomahawk and shield" with the raised base, circa 1935-1940. The small disc was probably applied to the figure later in life by a child??? Congrats! Subterranean :D

Thanks for information on the lead Indian Subterranean! I love digging up old toys, especially when they are in one peice, you just got to be a little cautious with the lead ones.

TommNJ

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice finds, :icon_thumright:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are very welcome TommyNJ,

Let me know if you find any other lead soldiers, I have many old reference books!

Happy Hunting. Subterranean

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you many more great hunts.......WTG

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
HISPAN said:
very nice finds, :icon_thumright:

Thanks HISPAN! Your finds always amaze me.
Subterranean said:
You are very welcome TommyNJ,

Let me know if you find any other lead soldiers, I have many old reference books!

Happy Hunting. Subterranean

Thanks again Subterranean! I'll keep that in mind, unfortunately most I find are in tough shape.

oldsalty19 said:
I wish you many more great hunts.......WTG

Thanks oldsalty19! Good luck with your hunting too!

TommNJ

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT finds!

OldSean

Jan 6, 2012
York, PA
Detector(s) used
White M6, White 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a bizarre collection of coinage. Congrats. What type of site was this? Weird to find so many foreign coins.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldSean said:
What a bizarre collection of coinage. Congrats. What type of site was this? Weird to find so many foreign coins.

Hi oldsean The australian silver 6p was minted in Detroit USA . During the war years there was a shortage of coinage in Australia Industry here was all geared for the war effort. With more than a million US serviceman on RR from the war against Japan in those times, it wouldn,t be so weird but more common. Foreign sounds like an alienation, Ally sounds better.

tinpan

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
matt092079 said:
GREAT finds!
Thanks matt092079!
OldSean said:
Thanks OldSean! The half penny and australian silver were found on a hill at old school actually about 15 feet from each other(same day), I also found a Canadian LC and USA LC at the same location on previous hunts. The Austria 1897 coin was found at a very old park about a mile away from the school, they recently did some ground work in that area of the park.

tinpan said:
OldSean said:

Hi oldsean The australian silver 6p was minted in Detroit USA . During the war years there was a shortage of coinage in Australia Industry here was all geared for the war effort. With more than a million US serviceman on RR from the war against Japan in those times, it wouldn,t be so weird but more common. Foreign sounds like an alienation, Ally sounds better.

tinpan
Thanks for the info tinpan! It doe's look similar to the coins my father-in-law gave me he got in the Phillipines during the war :icon_thumright:

Here is a pic of the other side of the coins.
TommNJ

Attachments

• close 3 coins.JPG
    close 3 coins.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 569

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TommNJ , like to see a few pics of the locket ..opened .. and the ring . Aussie sixpence , agreed .. wartime bring home , soldier needed the other WW II button you dug ..

what do you think the octagon thing with the spout was used for ?

dawg

OP
OP
TommNJ

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
CMDiamonddawg said:
Hi TommNJ , like to see a few pics of the locket ..opened .. and the ring . Aussie sixpence , agreed .. wartime bring home , soldier needed the other WW II button you dug ..

what do you think the octagon thing with the spout was used for ?
dawg

Hey dawg :icon_thumright: , I was curious too on the octagon thing so I put it the What is it forum, I was hoping for something different, someone throught maybe spoon rest or salt bowl but the major and a local dealer say it is a asytray, the dealer said made of pot metal from around the 50s.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,454081.0.html

Here is a pic of the gold heart penant with pics in it, it came out of the ground but I checked craigslist & web anyway to see if anyone posted it lost (no luck), pictures in it look fairly recent but maybe a hand me down piece (?), would love to return it as I'm sure it has a lot of sentimental value to the person who lost it. Also here is the ring with a similar one I have this week both are old school yard finds.

TommNJ

Attachments

• small bowl ashtry.JPG
    small bowl ashtry.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 529
  • small bowl ashtry.JPG
    small bowl ashtry.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 381
  • open heart.JPG
    open heart.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 498
  • HEART MARK.JPG