Another unbelievable day at my Rev War site..... French buttons and SILVER!!!!!!

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just go in from another wonderful day of digging. Returned to the site I've found 17 French turrent shank regimental buttons so far and decided to go real slow and listen for any deep signals I may have missed. I had pretty much thought I had recovered all the French buttons at this site but boy was I wrong! The second signal and out pops a small turrent shank French button. It was down DEEP....at least 10 inches. This made number 18 from the site. I can remember thinking it would be nice to hit number 20 today. At this point I began circling out from this recovery and not more than 5 feet away I get a nice two toned melody from my Nautilus. A few seconds later I was holding my first SILVER coin from the site. You have to realize I have dug lots of cut coins but this was the first whole reale I have ever recovered. It is about the size of a half dime. I almost thought about packing up right then and there but I'm sure glad I didn't. Again radiating out from the coin I got into an area where I started digging deep musket balls.....3 in all and right in between them 2 more French buttons! One small and one COAT!!! :headbang: :blob7: :headbang: This was number 19 and 20 from the site!!! After this I couldn't really concentrate that well but did manage to dig what I think is a rosette, another flat button, a small 2 piece button, and 5 more musket balls. What a day!!! I'll post a picture of the cleaned finds later tonight or tomorrow. HH Devonrex

Attachments

• IMG_0658.JPG
    IMG_0658.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_0657.JPG
    IMG_0657.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 759
Upvote 0

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy smokes batman....is that awesome or what!!!

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool, French and Indian war buttons? Also love that Confederate button in your picture.

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. You have to post some more pictures when you get everything cleaned up.

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, Is that a sight or what?

Thats the kind of field you dream about.

OP
OP
Devonrex

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buttons turned out to be a coat 7, small 7, and small 13. Coin is a one reale with a hole in it dated 1815. Will get a picture up soon. HH Devonrex

OP
OP
Devonrex

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cleaned French Rev War regimental buttons. The small 7 has the most ground action of any of the buttons I've pulled from the site but it has the best relief of any 7 I've found. Total for the site is now at 20. (1 coat 7, 2 small 7's, 1 small 10, 13 small 13's, 1 small 17, 1 coat 64, and 1 small pewter 104.) The small silver coin was a holed one reale dated 1815. Devonrex

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 557

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That has been an incredible site for you. Would like to see a nice group shot when it is all said and done!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
John - its incredible that you've been able to pull that many of those buttons from one spot. Makes you wonder what was going on there. Are you finding this in the iron, or is it a relatively clean site (except for the relics of course)? I also wonder if that coin was a later drop or if its possible the buttons were lost post-Rev War. Regardless, that's one killer site for sure. Many congrats to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread