Post number one -- Introduction

Cobalt*Blue

Oct 9, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Bounty Hunter 3300 w/4" coil
Hi All,
This is my first post. I have been reading and learning for over a month and wanted to share. My name is Chris and I'm a metal detectorist. It's been just over one year since starting this strangely satisfying hobby. The pictures below show some of the years goodies. I hunt any where I am welcome, with most of the coins comming from family and friends yards. My first find was probably a scrap of aluminum siding but right after that a Buffalo Nickel. This coin was dateless and butt ugly but you could not have slapped the smile off my face. The discovery of an 1835 Large Cent in my Grandmothers Yard sealed the deal. I'm in it for the long haul.
This is a good group of people and your advice has helped me become a better hunter. Since I am posting in today's finds I would like to point out the 1888 Seated Dime and the 14k Wedding band as last weeks recent finds. They are both from a tiny park. The secret being that the park once held a community center and the community center was once a small school. Bye and HH, Chris

Attachments

• TN10.jpg
    TN10.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 538
  • TN7.jpg
    TN7.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cobalt*Blue

Cobalt*Blue

Oct 9, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
 a 1835 Date. Like all copper coins I find here in my area, it is quite corroded. The second picture shows the eagle button if found and a pin that reads "NO BEER NO WORK". I'm not sure of its origin but I can relate. The last is of a pocket watch. Mickey as seen better day's.Chris.

Attachments

• TN13.jpg
    TN13.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 223
  • TN14.jpg
    TN14.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 199
  • TN18.jpg
    TN18.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 212

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm glad you're here, Chris. You've got pretty pictures for us to look at!! ;D ;D We love pictures!! ;D

Seriously though, you've found some great things. Nice finds! :)

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris...welcome to the forum..you;ll be glad you found this place, I sure am. VERY nice finds, I especially like the Salisbury Beach token...used to hang out there alot in my teens and twenties when I lived in Mass...was always a question senior year of high school...beach or school?...the beach usually won out....:):) Some great places to detect if you live in that area, but from looking at your finds I see you already have found plenty of prime spots to hunt...nice military button as well...that civil war era? HH
MD

OP
OP
Cobalt*Blue

Cobalt*Blue

Oct 9, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Thank you all for your kind welcome. I am still working on the photography aspect of posting. Some how I managed to post my pictures and delete the text. The first picture is of the 1835 Large Cent I found in my Grandmothers yard. Her house was built early 1900's and in a Mill Village (Blackstone River). It's like all the copper I find in my area, corroded. I got shakey hands when I realized what I had and unless I can unearth Gold, will be my favorite find. The second shot is of an Eagle button. I have no idea as to its age /period. Also, a pin that reads "NO BEER NO WORK". I'm not sure where to date this one either but I can relate. The last picture is of a pocket watch -- Mickey had seen better days. chris

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forums Chris. Excellent finds- large cents are always a special thrill to uncover, no matter how corroded. I really like the Seated and the Walkers too!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The eagle button is most certainly Civil War Era or around then (can't get a great look at it from the pic, but it looks like the 1860's general issue Union button).

It warms my heart that new detectorists are reading the posts and tips here. Nice Walking Liberties. It took me over a year to find my second silver half, and at least that long to find my first large cent.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread