🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today was the first time I have had time to hunt in a while so I drove back towards Knoxville to one of our many Civil War sites. This particular site has been producing some nice bullets and buttons during the few times we have hunted it. Today was no exception. In the first ten minutes I had already found two bullets. Boy the wind was cold but I found a couple more. One was another Spencer with part of the brass still attached. I called Tnrelicman who lives nearby to see if he was able to hunt. He brought his son Hunter and then he started to find some nice finds as well. I was finding the bullets and he was finding the Spencer brass casings. It was good to get out and get some more practice in before the big DIV hunt in a couple weeks.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 626
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Save's TH :icon_thumright:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice lead Randy and that wind would cut you in two this afternoon in Tennessee. Glad you guys finally got a hunt in and wishing you all get a plate at DIV. HH, Quindy.

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds! You should try to find where the confederates were firing those gardners from, the small bullet at the bottom looks to be from a post war gun. HH

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MKnTenn said:
Nice finds! You should try to find where the confederates were firing those gardners from, the small bullet at the bottom looks to be from a post war gun. HH

Yes the smaller bullet is post war. We have permission from all of the landowners in the area except one. That piece of property is between two we already have permission to hunt and it very small. We just need to find who owns it which we will find in time. On that piece of property is a stone wall that the Confederates stood behind to shoot at the Yankees in the field where we found these bullets. That should be a great place to hunt once we find out who owns it and get the permission.

VOL1266-X said:
Nice lead Randy and that wind would cut you in two this afternoon in Tennessee. Glad you guys finally got a hunt in and wishing you all get a plate at DIV. HH, Quindy.

Thanks Quindy. I can't wait for DIV and hope that I do get a plate or at least another rare CS button like I did at the Relic Rescue Hunt in October last year.

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves Randy! Happy to see you got back out. It's been a while for me also, but heading to East Tenn this weekend to do some scouting. Hope we get to meet some time and hunt together.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice saves Randy, see you in a few day's at DIV. HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread