Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back To Ind.-Ohio CW Inf. Camp-3 Eagle Buttons, Bullets, & 4 Knapsack Hooks

Tenn. Josh had other obligations this morning so he couldn't go with Dman and me to the U.S. Infantry camp we have been hunting. However, he did call and get the relic count.
The temp. was in the 30s with a 26 wind chill when we arrived shortly after 8 am. A little cloud spit snow as we took our detectors out of the truck. My first relic was the brass triangle used on a knapsack. Later, I dug a hook for it. Dman hogged all the eagle buttons including the first Eagle "I" Infantry Offiicer's button that any of us have recovered from that 1862 camp. We had a good hunt and Dman found eagle buttons so he bought my lunch today (Attn. Tenn. Josh & Hill Billy). We had a good hunt and hope you do too, Quindy and Doug.

My CW Relic Count for 2012=233 YTD

Attachments

• Dman & Quindy at Ind.-Ohio camp 2-5-12.jpg
    Dman & Quindy at Ind.-Ohio camp 2-5-12.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 720
  • Dman\'s buttons 3-5-12.jpg
    Dman\'s buttons 3-5-12.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 718
Upvote 0

wcallis

Sep 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Back To Ind.-Ohio CW Inf. Camp-3 Eagle Buttons, Bullets, & 4 Knapsack Hooks

The site that keeps on giving! Love to see those Civil War Relics roll out of the ground. The buttons and knapsack hooks are fantastic. Keep up the good work!

vadigger89

Feb 8, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Looks like you have a nice spot to hunt congrats on your finds. :headbang:

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice finds buddy keep at it!!!!!!!!!

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.

Once again, I am still amazed at everything that you guys have found there. I love the "I" button and of course the nice dropped bullets. There is just something about looking down in that dirt and seeing that white lead minie ball. I think I ask you but did you look just over the fence ( where Quindy has permission to hunt ) in a straight line from the tent rows where there was a little flat place and I think a couple of trees? It looked like it may hold a relic or two. Tennessee digger

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Another great hunt, and I admire y'all for hanging in there on this cold, windy day. It was so bad here, we lost electricity for an hour or so. At any rate, CONGRATS on some neat finds. :thumbsup: Breezie

M

MiniMe

Those winds were kicking today, pretty cold up this way also, but hey what's the saying....you gotta dress for success! Didn't bother me I was out there swinging myself. Sure didn't recover anything like those finds, but had fun. You all had a great day from the looks it. The buttons are awesome and I love the J hooks. Both still on my wish list. Looking forward to seeing what that place will give up next. Congrats to you and Dman. HH! :)

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Another good hunt! You guys sure are getting a lot of digging in lately :headbang:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Very nice Quindy. You and Doug had a fantastic day. And a little cold never bothers anyone when you are finding relics. Warms me up every time.

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice relics! Some of those bullets look like they may be side cast with the sharp rings, a type we find in CS camps around here. Can you post a close up of one of the ones on the top row, left side, is there a mold mark on the side near the nose and a thick base? Maybe that camp was used by both armies at different times, that is common around here. HH

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other

Nice relic saves :icon_thumleft:

Dman hogged all the buttons eh :laughing7:

That calls for 2 lunches...And a six pack :D

Blaze

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

:headbang:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

wcallis said:
The site that keeps on giving! Love to see those Civil War Relics roll out of the ground. The buttons and knapsack hooks are fantastic. Keep up the good work!
Thanks W.C. We're trying!! HH, Q.
vadigger89 said:
Looks like you have a nice spot to hunt congrats on your finds. :headbang:
You are doing well on your finds too VAD. Thanks & HH, Quindy.
Hutch911 said:
Nice finds buddy keep at it!!!!!!!!!
Thanks my friend and good luck to you Hutch!!
tennessee digger said:
Once again, I am still amazed at everything that you guys have found there. I love the "I" button and of course the nice dropped bullets. There is just something about looking down in that dirt and seeing that white lead minie ball. I think I ask you but did you look just over the fence ( where Quindy has permission to hunt ) in a straight line from the tent rows where there was a little flat place and I think a couple of trees? It looked like it may hold a relic or two. Tennessee digger
Donnie, that guy let me on for as he said "ONE TIME" and I played that card the first day to scout. As I told Doug and Josh, except for one big hunk of melted lead, that was it on the maiden voyage. It will take some talking to get the Trio back on. Everyone says I was lucky to even get the scouting trip to the wooded hill. See you Thursday, Q.
Breezie said:
Another great hunt, and I admire y'all for hanging in there on this cold, windy day. It was so bad here, we lost electricity for an hour or so. At any rate, CONGRATS on some neat finds. :thumbsup: Breezie
Thanks Breezie. Good job on identifying J.B.'s drum badge. HH, Q.
Minime said:
Those winds were kicking today, pretty cold up this way also, but hey what's the saying....you gotta dress for success! Didn't bother me I was out there swinging myself. Sure didn't recover anything like those finds, but had fun. You all had a great day from the looks it. The buttons are awesome and I love the J hooks. Both still on my wish list. Looking forward to seeing what that place will give up next. Congrats to you and Dman. HH! :)
You'll get them Colleen I am positive. HH, Q.
Steve in PA said:
Another good hunt! You guys sure are getting a lot of digging in lately :headbang:
With the unusually warm Winter Steve, the grass will be too high for us to hunt in early (rather than late) April and we'll be done until hay is cut or for th woods. We better get'em while we can. HH, Q.
treasurehound said:
Very nice Quindy. You and Doug had a fantastic day. And a little cold never bothers anyone when you are finding relics. Warms me up every time.
Right Randy. It's like Sauger fishing. You forget about the cold if you're catching fish. HH, Quindy.
MKnTenn said:
Nice relics! Some of those bullets look like they may be side cast with the sharp rings, a type we find in CS camps around here. Can you post a close up of one of the ones on the top row, left side, is there a mold mark on the side near the nose and a thick base? Maybe that camp was used by both armies at different times, that is common around here. HH
I'll add a pic tomorrow MK. Other than the droop wing button that Josh will get authenticated soon and 2 Enfields (used by both sides) , there's no other indication of any CS activity there. It's a Dec. 1862 camp and those troops came from and returned to KY. HH, Quindy.
johnnyblaze said:
Nice relic saves :icon_thumleft:

Dman hogged all the buttons eh :laughing7:

That calls for 2 lunches...And a six pack :D

Blaze
Oh yeah J.B. He started off slow and finished strong. Two lunches it is and Congrats on a well deserved banner. I feel sure those early 1800s drummer badges were used well into the CW. HH, Quindy.
JmCraz8 said:
Thanks for looking JmC and HH, Quindy & Doug.

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Some terrific snowy finds! Was windy and chilly here today too. I thought for a second we were going to have winter. :tongue3: You all did better than I today. Only one bullet and a lot of exercise!

Congrats!! Nana :wink:

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

Man that YTD total keeps growing, congrats. :thumbsup:
I like the buttons Q, good to see you getting the free lunch.
Check out my deal at the end of my post from the other day, I get free lunch and a caddie. :laughing9:

HB

L

lost hunter

:thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well done, guys! Your display case from this year is becoming quite formidable!

:hello2:

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congratulations! You gentlemen are killing it!

Please make a "year end" post of all your finds.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

MKnTenn said:
Here you go MK. These look like the standard U.S. The thick walled CS field cast .58s only show up in CS camps around here. HH, Q.

Attachments

• Ind.-Ohio Camp.jpg
    Ind.-Ohio Camp.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 436

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread